Bullitt's Rio Red Turbo Build

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Just a tip, I have my MAF welded where you have your tube marked. I'd advise clocking it one way or the other, mine touches the hood when it's closed. If I would have taken more measurements I would have clocked mine towards the inside (clocked towards the center of the engine bay) just to give more room.

bullitt_11

Established Member
Just a tip, I have my MAF welded where you have your tube marked. I'd advise clocking it one way or the other, mine touches the hood when it's closed. If I would have taken more measurements I would have clocked mine towards the inside (clocked towards the center of the engine bay) just to give more room.

I'm glad you said something because I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. I was considering having it clocked towards the shock tower though just to keep as much room on that side of the turbo as possible. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about a filter yet

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
I'm glad you said something because I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. I was considering having it clocked towards the shock tower though just to keep as much room on that side of the turbo as possible. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about a filter yet

No problem. Mine still fits fine but like I said it certainly touches the hood liner ever so slightly. Only way I got a filter on mine was adding in a 45 degree coupler to clock it up away from the ABS module. I have seen others just run a filter but I can't figure out how they did it, unless they deleted ABS or moved the module a ton.

bullitt_11

Established Member
Cold side is 95% done and I started to mount the wastegates. I got the drivers side done and started on the passenger and realized it is way to close to the abs unit. Currently figuring out what I am going to do there.

c910002131cd5827c32a77068722b349.jpg

eb05fa8b49a9de68f052d41e2fabf604.jpg

9aae879cedade06700434ec29f886536.jpg

b8c626bec81f9bf522ef5c8cd5139be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bullitt_11

Established Member
No problem. Mine still fits fine but like I said it certainly touches the hood liner ever so slightly. Only way I got a filter on mine was adding in a 45 degree coupler to clock it up away from the ABS module. I have seen others just run a filter but I can't figure out how they did it, unless they deleted ABS or moved the module a ton.

Yea I have already had issues with that ABS unit on the passenger side wastegate. Did you have that issue?

Also, do you happen to remember where you got that coupler?

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Yea I have already had issues with that ABS unit on the passenger side wastegate. Did you have that issue?

Also, do you happen to remember where you got that coupler?

No wastegate issues with the ABS unit but one flange does crush down into the flex coupler a bit. I'm running precision wastegates though which are a little smaller overall than the on3 gates. I got the coupler from vs racing. Just a silicon 45 degree.

bullitt_11

Established Member
No wastegate issues with the ABS unit but one flange does crush down into the flex coupler a bit. I'm running precision wastegates though which are a little smaller overall than the on3 gates. I got the coupler from vs racing. Just a silicon 45 degree.

Ah yea that makes sense then. I will most likely upgrade those down the road.

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread