Bullitt wheel buyers consider yourself warned!!!

Eric L

Established Member
I do not know if i am the only one who has dealt with this issue, so I figured i would put it out there and see. I recently ordered a set of 20" bullitt anthracite staggered wheels for my 13 gt. Got talked out of the wheels that i really wanted because the salesman said they didn't carry Boss wheels anymore because of quality and finish issues. So i went with his recommendation and bought the bullitts. As soon as they hit the dock i ran to the house to put them on. After installing them i stepped back to see the finished product and noticed something was wrong. The width of the spokes of the wheels were different! I am not talking about the width of the rim, or the offset. I know they would be different because i ordered them that way. I am talking about the actual width of the spokes on the wheels. It wasn't a huge difference, but defiantly enough to notice (almost an inch difference to be exact). I know this doesn't sound like much, but looking at them on the car you can deff see it. I called the company who i bought the wheels from and they said that all of their wheels are just like that, and if i wasn't happy just pay the shipping and send them back. Has anyone ever had this issue?

Eric L

Established Member
/Users/brianliddell/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/09/25/20120925-110519/v4HIbndcQgChtYZIfZO0HA/IMG_0734.jpg
/Users/brianliddell/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/09/25/20120925-110507/mQZLPvSgT4S8Tj471dWNZQ/IMG_0735.jpg

65sohc

Established Member
My friend put staggered 20" anthracite Bullitts from American Muscle on his Sterling grey '13 GT. They look awesome, especially with BMR springs, and the the spokes are all the same.

Eric L

Established Member
/Users/brianliddell/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/09/25/20120925-110507/mQZLPvSgT4S8Tj471dWNZQ/IMG_0735.jpg

Eric L

Established Member
I told them that they were different and sent pics of the measurements. The rep went to the warehouse and pulled a few and said that there was about a 1.75cm difference in the width of the spokes. He said that it was not a defect and that they were all like that. In all my years of dealing with cars i have never heard of such a thing. Going to lose about $300 just to return and get the rest of my money back. Pretty well known company from what i understand. Posted pics.

kona12

Established Member
Post the pics, Also remember there are alot of replicas out there and people sell them as the real deal.

Eric L

Established Member
trying to post the pics i have, seems to be a capability issue. My purpose in this post is to try to prevent other people from having the same issue. i will keep trying to get the pics up. Any suggestions of a reputable company to get the next set of wheels from?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Need pics - I bought a set of 20' bullitts for my last 07, they were staggered as well. I didn't have that problem, I believe they were wheel replica brand.

Eric L

Established Member

alex12gt

Established Member
Ok so your saying to watch out for all of them why not just post the company you bought them from and a link to the wheels as well

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I think I can see it in the pics without the measuring tape, but it doesn't really stand out to me. Maybe it would in person, but not in the pics in my eyes. :shrug:

Eric L

Established Member
The Company is cruizin concepts and the wheels are bullitt replicas. as you can see in the pics there is a difference b/w the measurements of the front and the back. And the shape of the spokes are different as well. The rep for the company told me that no one else has ever complained about it before and they are from the same manufacturer. Am i crazy? am i the only one who would have a prob with this?

Eric L

Established Member
no, i agree in the pics it is hard to see an inch difference, but when on the car it is clear. i asked a couple of friends to come ck out my new wheels, and did not tell them what i saw just to see if they would notice, and it was the first thing they said.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Molds can lose shape over time, giving way to larger tolerances. I would send and document as many pictures as you could, including measurements and such as you've already done, and just keep fighting it. I could understand 1/4" at most, but not a full 1".

Users who are viewing this thread