Bullitt vs 06 Mustang gt

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
My buddy recently bought an 06 gt 5-speed and Fri night him, my other friend (in his 02 gt) and I decided to have some fun. After swapping cars amongst the three of us (the new mustang drives quite nicely - I love the shifter placement) and bs'n for a few hours it was time for some stang on stang action. We headed to a nearby "dragstrip" and let 'em rip.

First race from a dig: I launch at 2200 and fail to get any traction until the middle of second. My buddy also spins however he hooks midway through first and jumps about two cars ahead... when I finally hook I stop his pull and gain slightly at the top of third. He wins, about 2 cars ahead.

Second race from a dig: Launch at 2500 and spin even worse than the first time, finally getting traction at the top of second; he hooks well before I do again and jumps out 1.5 cars and it stays that way.

We both agree that we suck at driving so we then decide to roll race.....

Third race from 2nd gear at 45 mph: He gets a slight jump, however I end up pulling a fender at the 3-4 shift.

Fourth race from 2nd gear at 30 mph: We get an even start and are neck and neck until the top of third; he shifts too early and I pull half a car.

We decide to call it quits and give the beasts a well-deserved break. We agreed that we were about equal drivers, and considering my Bullitt only has a BBK CAI and an o/r h-pipe (his gt is bone stock) I was proud of the green machine. Overall we had a blast and I entered the early hours of the morning with more love for my car than ever.

Mustangs are cool.

*The former stories were a complete fabrication*

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
91frppgt said:
shouldn't the 06 edged you out a bit up top?

Honestly I was expecting him to do just that, however every race I noticed I would gain a bit of ground at the top of third. I don't know if this was the result of his driving or if the Bullitt has a bit more in the top end than I thought :shrug:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well, I believe this part:
Mc Q 6185 said:
*The former stories were a complete fabrication*

Just kidding, those are some nice runs. Looks like he should still have you on power by 10-15 whp, but you have a 300lb weight advantage. That sounds like about 1/2 a car to me.

Honestly if you could've gotten a little traction, you probably would've had him by 1-1 1/2 cars at about 100.

Users who are viewing this thread