Bullitt or GT

Blue03

Established Member
Looking for some opinions. Might pick up a new Mustang GT or Bullitt for a driver. If it were your money, what would you get. Not too much price difference between them so rule that out. A little more HP and chassis work with the Bullitt but limited colors(black and dark green) and very plain on the outside. If you aren't sure what it looks like just type in Bullitt Mustang and you can get a ton of pics. Still waiting for the weather to get a little better before I bring my Cobra out. Thanks!

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
If its gonna be a driver just get a GT, no sense in buying a limited edition car just to put a million miles on. I'm not saying you wont take care of it, but save it for someone who'll keep it the way it should be...

Blue03

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I like the driveline upgrades on the Bullitt but the plain exterior is where I'm not sure. I would say it would be worth more in the long run also. I would definitely take care of it, I'm pretty anal about my cars so that wouldn't be an issue. I figured a few guys from the board could help me out on this one. There's no right or wrong answer, I'm hoping to gather some feedback to help me out. Nice car by the way.

Cobrakai04

Established Member
You will definately get more looks in the Bullitt. I say go for that. There are tons of basic GT's driving around. You atleast will stand out a bit!

Blue03

Established Member
I'm leaning toward the Bullitt. I just checked with my buddy at the dealer and he said about 6 - 8 weeks to order one. I have to sell my SRT-4 first and am hoping to be able to order it before May 1. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming! Doug? JB? George? I know you guys are lurking around somewhere. Help me spend my money, lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bullitt for sure.
I agree on the exterior but all I think it needs is a pony/tribar emblem (older style) mounted on the grill.
-J

Blue03

Established Member
Nice car Jeff but I have to have a stick. Your priced right though. The Bullitt is probably the best deal overall. I agree with what J said. Maybe just add a small horse to the grill. I'm waiting on a guy to pick up my SRT-4. As soon as it goes I will make the move. Using the time now to make my decision. Thanks guys.

Blue03

Established Member
There you are, lol! If only it were that easy. Actually, Jeff's car is close to what I would consider if it were a stick. I can't believe that car hasn't sold yet.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Ya gotta go with the McQueen machine!!:rockon:

clean out your pm box

come by and see what's going on...

I put a Lysholm on the 2nd Marauder a couple weeks ago...
The race Marauder just went out tonight but it will be back early next week.. it just got a slick new full exhaust

3241 gulley

Blue03

Established Member
I am looking to get 12,500 for the skittle. It has 44K miles and the remainder of the 7/70 powertrain warranty. It has the Mopar Stage 2 no toys installed plus the Mopar BOV and short throw shifter. I have all the original parts plus another set of wheels and tires. Just put some new speed rate tires on it about 4 months ago and I have some other small stuff to go with it. I bought it new and it has no dents, door dings or scratches. Viper seats that have been covered since day one. I changed the oil every 3-4K. It's a great car, needs nothing and gets over 30mpg on the highway(best was 34.4). Should run 13.6 - 13.7 in the quarter based on some known street cars I have run. Never did take it to the track. I have been waiting on a guy but I don't think he is going to come through. First one with money will take it at this point. You guys that know me know how I take care of my stuff. If the car sells due to someone on this board I will toss them $100. Just have the buyer tell me who it is. If someone wants it stock I will cut some cash from the price. Clear title, I own it. It's red JP, bring back some memories of your red beast and save a few bucks at the pump! ;-) In fact I took it on the Fall color tour........

Last edited:

Blue03

Established Member
Looks like the SRT is sold. Guy is going to pick it up on Saturday. I will miss that one, it was a fun car. Going to the dealer tomorrow and drive a new GT. I haven't driven one, just want to see how it drives. Still don't quite have my mind made up. Just found out I can have a Ford Racing whipple dealer installed and still get a 12/12 warranty on the drivetrain. 5 psi and rated at 400hp. 5K to the price though. Hmmmm........:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread