Bullitt 4v swap questions

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
So my friend's 01 Bullitt tossed a rod recently. He's decided that instead of investing in the 2v, that the 4v would better suit his wants.
So he recently purchased a 4v cobra motor. Assuming it's a 98 based on valve covers and intake. Heres what he got so far:

Shortblock (assembled, no funky wear signs or scoring, still has crosshatching)
B heads (assembled, everything looks good)
Timing cover
Intake with no T/B or IMRC plates (he needs deletes anyways no?)
coolant crossover
valey coolant tube
rear coolant tubes
and a bin of misc stuff.

So to swap his car, I know we need to modify the coil harness.
And I also know we need to find COP style cobra or mach valve covers, but what year for proper hose alignment, etc.
And since the bullitts came with cobra alternators, can this and it's bracket be re-used from the 2v?
Assuming the Bullitt throttle body will work on the 98 intake? Throttle cables?
He's deleting the EGR and going to have the 2v computer tuned. I told him the stock MAF with 24lb injectors would likely be his best bet to just get it started once it's all together.
He also wants to upgrade the oil pump and chain tensioners, I told him MMR all the way. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Any other recomendations? This car isn't going to be a race car, and will likely not see boost so no concerns of spinning it over like 7k, or lots of racing. Mostly a fun street car that will easily make him forget the 2v all together.

Dugstang

Established Member
Im in the same boat with my bullitt, did you get answers to your questions? Mainly on throttle cables and what not.

leafman78

Established Member
The throttle body can be used and you may be close with the bullitt throttle cable. Worst case sell it you can get good money for that throttle cable as it has been discontinued. You can easily get away with a throttle cable from a v6. As far as dealing with the wiring go on eBay you can easily source a 99-01 or 03-04 Mach 1 engine harness that will make life a lot easier, then you'll just need to find valve covers for the cop which once again can easily be sourced on Craigslist or eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread