Bullit Pedals ,, PLZ Help.

Babbit

Established Member
Please Help!

OK, I got the clutch and brake pedal covers on (what a friggin pain!:cuss: ) but how in the world do I remove the old dead and gas pedal? :shrug:

And how do I put the new ones on?:??:

I did a search but I didn't find anything helpful.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The dead pedal, if I remember correctly, just kind of snaps in place. I honestly think mine just pulled out, but I really don't remember.

The gas pedal, remove the arm... and there is a pin of sorts that hold the gas pedal in place. Remove the pin, take off the old pedal, put the new one on, replace the pin. Then put the arm back in the car...

You'll love them once you get them in, they look excellent. Better than any aftermarket pedal set, in my opinion :)

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
When you buy the bullit gas pedal does it come with a whole new pedal or just a cover. i need to know because my pedal broke off and would really like to have a new one. the brake and clutch are a pain to get on, now all i need is the gas pedal to complete my set.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Originally posted by Babbit
Please Help!

OK, I got the clutch and brake pedal covers on (what a friggin pain! ) but how in the world do I remove the old dead and gas pedal?

And how do I put the new ones on?

PITA...thats an understatement! In my '98, I had to remove the kick panel above the dead pedal. Then i had to move a wiring harness and unbolt the pedal. Yeah it's a PITA!

The gas pedal is held on by bolts also. Undo them and disconnect the cable. There is a little plastic clip which holds the cable to the top of the assembly. Re-install the pedal assembly. Here's where it gets tough. Reconnect the cable, easier said than done. Good luck!

Originally posted by Black98COBRA
When you buy the bullit gas pedal does it come with a whole new pedal or just a cover.

Yep! It is the whole assembly. At least it was when I bought the full set.

Greg

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
When you buy the bullit gas pedal does it come with a whole new pedal or just a cover. i need to know because my pedal broke off and would really like to have a new one. the brake and clutch are a pain to get on, now all i need is the gas pedal to complete my set.

hehe...mine broke off too :D I have the steeday screw on pedals. The peddle on my clutch fell off and it was just a knob and would hurt my foot. THe steeda was the cheapest i found.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Man oh man, i KNEW i should have done a write up about mine.

Dead pedal - stick a flat head screwdriver behind the deadpedal and pop it out

Clutch/Brake pedal - BOIL them in water far about 10 minutes(be CAREFUL, the medal's hot). Boiling them makes the rubber soft and you're able to move the pedals around on the mounting pedal.

Gas pedal - Unhook your acceleration cable from the trottle body, it'll make it easier to get the cable off the gas pedal. Then it's 2 bolt(I think) to undo the "arm".

Users who are viewing this thread