Bulletproof TOB retainer installed...finally!!

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
After going through 2 Ford TOB retainer failures I was not happy about putting in a third and waiting on it to fail too. When calling around looking for an aftermarket piece, I found a billet unit at Lamotta's Performance (407-695-4549). Seems they too were discouraged by the lacking factory part and decided to do something about it. Upon inspection of both the stock and Lamotta retainer side-by-side, it was a no brainer to go with theirs. Sorry, I didn't have a chance to take any pics of it before it got installed, but take my word (and theirs) for it...this one will never fail. It is a solid one-piece billet aluminum unit. Cost was $150 for the retainer, but worth it IMO. Just wanted to pass the word on to those who have experienced the same TOB frustrations I have.

SpectorV

Established Member
ford TOB's suck.. i went though 4 of the suckers in a year.... im gonna definatly kep track of this post, do they have a site?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
You didn't like the McLeod? That's what I just put in. Very nice piece and it was something like $108. with the seal installed.

Users who are viewing this thread