Bulb types for Interior LED lights

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Im trying to convert all my bulbs to LED's inside the car but when I looked up on a LED website the type of bulb it was, it gave my the total wrong type, Im trying to replace the vanity mirror lights, map lights, and the trunk light. I ordered 4- 42mm 8-LED Festoon Bulbs because the looked like they would all work but it only works for the Dome light, it FITS in the trunk area light but doesnt light up. The Vanity, map, and trunk light bulbs are ALL the festoon bulbs (tube with metal on both ends) and none are wedge based bulbs like the website told me.
Does anyone know the right bulbs I should buy for these?? Any help is appreciated.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Thats actually the same site I used, I use their vehicle bulb look up thing where I put in my car info and it tells me what bulb type it is, it gives me the wrong info. It says that I need a 906 bulb for the trunk and a 578 or 194 for the map light and when I cross reference them it gives me a Wedge base type LED light, which I know for a fact it isnt because I physically went in my car and checked. So this is where im stuck at. I just need the CORRECT number for the bulbs all in "Cool White" and I'll be good to go

(doesnt list bulb type for vanity mirrors)

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Interested in how you make out, as I'd like to finish off my interior with an LED upgrade.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Did you ever get the bulb situation figured out? I'm about to do my dome, map, and trunk lights. I know they're all festoon bulbs, unlike what all the fitment guides say, but I measured about 38mm (1.5 inch). Did the 42mm ones work for you?

shurur

Established Member
Did you ever get the bulb situation figured out? I'm about to do my dome, map, and trunk lights. I know they're all festoon bulbs, unlike what all the fitment guides say, but I measured about 38mm (1.5 inch). Did the 42mm ones work for you?

If that's what you measured on the original lights,,then just order that size.
I replace the center dome light with 44mm and it fit right...

I haven't measured the map lights (lights to each side of the center dome??).
The measurement is exact..end to end...

Q: do you get 38mm for the map lights exactly??

I suspect it's 44mm dome and as you measured 38mm map...with superbrightled trying to keep inventory down by claiming 42mm for both.

go www.autolumination.com or buy super cheap direct from China through ebay for these LEDS..

It's the little things in life.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Lamp Replacement Guide Home

you can use the sylvania guide and autolumination cross reference to figure what you need yourself.

dome shows 578 or 6411 44mm
map 194 or T10...but if it is actually 578 xxmm then order that

they may cross ref to the same size dome..or not..
plus you have your actual bulb measured..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread