Built Tranny ? & Opinions

Hilander

Established Member
So it’s built tranny time.
Looking for opinions on what way some of you guys went and how things turned out. I know the BTS has the best reviews here, as it should consider the price difference.
First of my truck is in the 600+ HP 700+TQ class. Up to this point my stock tranny and stall have served me well.

What should I look for as far as components are concerned? What should I ask?

Looking at the Level 10 @ 2500+
JLP @ 1900
REM @ 1750
BTS @ 4000 with stall.

Also considering having it rebuilt locally. Has anyone had success with local tranny shops?

Thanks for any replies. I have searched but am looking for more up to date opinions.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
JLP = Level 10. If it were me, I would go with the JLP/Level 10 Transmission. The $1900 price is for a new built trans and you have to give them your old one. If you wanted to get it built locally, Level 10 sells some pretty awesome rebuild kits. Just get all the components you need and have a local guy do it.

Dusten

Established Member
I know from being in the diesel world for a long time that the BTS tranny is pretty indestructable and comes with a good warranty. I am not down talking the other trannies, as i dont know them

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
My vote goes to BTS, because of the quality of work, and the warranty. They will build your tranny to EXACTLY what you plan on doing with it, not just a universal built trans. Im in no way putting down any one else, this is just my opinion.. They build 4R100s to handle well over 1000lb-ft of torque.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
If I had the money I would definitely go with BTS. I'm gonna go with JLP/Level-10 simply for the price and convenience of being closer to them than BTS.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
BTW, I saw something interesting the other day at one of my Autocare Centers. The Monster Box is available at any Jasper dealer. Basically your local shop that is a Jasper dealer may be able to get you one without you having to pay shipping.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
BTS here. A little pricey, but I wanted the best for my L. A very costly decision, but no problems or complaints. Good luck on your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread