Built TR-6060 with all the goods

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
I was doing a TR-6060 swap in my 2013 GT and have honestly had so much trouble finding all the information I need to complete it. Unless I can get solid info on everything and exactly what parts are needed, I'm just going to sell it all as a package. Given the amount of time and money I've put into this build, I'd like to see $3,000 picked up locally (DFW) or buyer pays for shipping. This transmission was built by Texas Drivetrain Performance here in Fort Worth, TX. If anyone knows T56's, it's Jason. He is really big in the GM world and actually has patents on parts he has made. He has rated the transmission at 1000 HP. This package consists of the following...

-TR-6060 built by TDP with revised design of second gear (slant cut teeth), Kevlar rings, and bronze billet shift fork pads
-TR-6060 crossmember with isolator and all hardware
-2012 shifter assembly with white cue ball shift knob
-2010+ twin disc clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder
-2007-2012 stock driveshaft with carrier bearing
-Alecantra shift boot
-Pig tail for TR-6060 (bought for wiring from MT-82)

I'm not in a hurry to sell it, so please save your low ball offers. I figured it would be better suited in this section, as someone with a GT500 may be just a touch more interested considering all these parts were designed for that car.

Thank you for your interest!

Johnathan
817-751-4888

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Johnathan, it sounds like you have most of the parts needed to do the swap. I'm curious as to what stumbling block you ran into but never the less, good luck with the sale.

Tob

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
Motor positioning versus the 5.4 which would cause the driveshaft to be modified. While the bell housing should bolt right up, will the flywheel and clutch bolt up to be a good match? Once it has been installed, will I need a collar for the slave/throw out bearing? Those are minor things that can lead to big problems. I don't want my car sitting in a shop collecting hours (money) when we really have no solid answers to these questions.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If you'd like start up a thread and let's see if we can come up with the answers for. You obviously spent quite a bit of time (and money) acquiring most of the parts that are needed. No doubt, you wanted an improvement beyond what the MT82 has to offer. In other words, you were definitely on the right track.

Something to consider....the current Boss 302S is utilizing a 6060 that is much like that of the '13/'14 GT500, also very much like what you have in terms of parts. If Coyote engine location is the same between the two I believe you are indeed well on your way....

Yagermeister

Established Member
Good find Tob! Johnathan with that info I would call Rehagen Racing and Watson Racing in MI first thing tomorrow!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good find Tob! Johnathan with that info I would call Rehagen Racing and Watson Racing in MI first thing tomorrow!

You indeed know who to call.

Here's some shots at Watson assembling a few '13 Boss 302S cars...

Coyote engine, stock mounts, factory k-member

dpp_0002.jpg

Essentially a '13/'14 GT500 6060 (similar to the one you are selling, minor internal differences and different fixed flange at the rear) on a factory cross member

dpp_0117.jpg

Factory '13/'14 GT500 CF shaft...

dpp_0145.jpg

From here.

Anyway, good luck whatever your decision is.

Tob

justbob

Sick speed toy
Established Member
That sucks, you should have kept it.. I had ZERO to go on but a gamble to stuff one in my Marauder. Most nights after work three weeks later, DONE and off to dyno. The last 4,000 miles have been pure smiles!

Users who are viewing this thread