Built Short Blocks

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
I need to know the companies that make built, fully forged short blocks for our cars

any kind of info on who is the most reliable will help too
thanks

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
also would it be better to reuse the actual block and just buy the forged internals?

give me the pros and cons of each

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
Unless something is wrong with ur block like its cracked or warped then its smarter just to reuse it because for one its hard to find our blocks which is why most places have like a $900+ charge if theres no core swap. I suggest X2C or VT engines..

COBRASVT

Established Member
VT engines or ModularPowerhouse in Atlanta are the only two that I've heard no bad comments about. I wouldn't use SH or X2C based on the complaints I've read on various boards...that's just me though.

Question...for the money, why wouldn't you just buy an 03/04 Cobra shortblocks?

Last edited:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
i've heard bad things about X2C and Hyland seems too expensive, but i've heard some good stuff about VT Engines.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my stroker rotating assembly came from VT Engines. Top notch stuff. I would shoot scott an email. He's a real nice guy and will go the extra mile to make sure your satisfied.

he even knocked off the shipping charges on my order :-D

I had a local engine builder assemble my engine. I would rather do it that way. Besides, mine has a 1yr warrenty ;)

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
LOl Dan short and long does not refer to the size or length of the engine. A short bolck is basically a block with the bottm end and does not include the heads. a long block includes the heads so you basically take your engine out and put in the long block.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Oh yeah and on subject shm makes alot of good stuff but they are way overpriced and they dont have the best customer service. Vt engines is where im going for my short block and there products are top notch, they also have amazing customer service. So another vote for VT

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRASVT
VT engines or ModularPowerhouse in Atlanta are the only two that I've heard no bad comments about. I wouldn't use SH or X2C based on the complaints I've read on various boards...that's just me though.

Question...for the money, why wouldn't you just buy an 03/04 Cobra shortblocks?
because with fogred internals our bottom ends will hold more power

im looking for about 8.5 compression with anywhere between 15-20 psi of boost and maybe some juice on race gas

ill look into VT, and i really would just rather go with forged internals
keep the suggestions coming

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
also, can anyone run through the individual parts i will need for the bottom end top make sure it handles the 500+ horsepower that will be going through it

thanks

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
so i take it you've pretty much scraped the idea of trading in for an '03 cobra? ill be looking to do the same thing in about a year or maybe less depending on how this new job goes for me.

Justin

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by 97 svt cbra
because with fogred internals our bottom ends will hold more power

im looking for about 8.5 compression with anywhere between 15-20 psi of boost and maybe some juice on race gas

ill look into VT, and i really would just rather go with forged internals
keep the suggestions coming

you stupid ignorant child. Don't be afraid of compression. run like 9.5:1 and boost it.

I plan on running 15-17psi on 10.7:1

don't be scared :D

Users who are viewing this thread