Built Motor Decisions

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
I know i am a new edge guy, but seeing my end goal is a turbo car, i figure this area is a much better place to get accurate info. i currently have an 01 cobra with a 150 shot on it, but the rings let go so its time to get serious. At first i was just going to bore my teksid block 20 over since i got lucky enough to have one in my car and then stuff it with forged internals, but i sorta feel that is taking the easy way out and it will limit my potential later... Money is not a huge issue because the more it costs, the longer the car just sits while i save... no big deal since its not a daily driver at all and i work from home anyway. I want to build it once and even if its overkill for the current power, it wont have to come apart again

Future plans will be a twin turbo + automatic, but for now the plan is going to be build the shortblock and throw my 03 cobra heads back on it and continue to spray it while i save funds for the rest of the build.... so feel free to post up any opinions so i am not reinventing the wheel here....

Option 1... go .20 over on my block with forged rods, pistons, etc and be done...

Option 2... forged stroker shortblock and sale my teksid block and forged crank

Option 3.... forged 5.4 shortblock and sale my teksid block and forged crank

Other???

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
What is your HP goal? E.T. goal? any other goals?

Easiest would be to build the teksid like you already said, but a little more info would help others give you better advice...

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
thanks for the quick response.... the hp goal will be in the 900ish rwhp through an auto. and E.T. is going to be able to drive there, pull off a mid 9, and drive home.... I also have a built SRA in the car so this power wont be going through the lovely IRS.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i would be open to E85 if Tampa ever shows any signs of it becoming easily available!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread