built Hellion T76 98 Cobra

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Well I hate to do it but I'm putting the Cobra up for sale. The car has approximately 71K miles and it's one of the cleanest 96-98 cars I've seen. Solid black interior that's in excellent shape. After 10+ straight years of Mustangs I'm taking a break for a while and will probably purchase a boat for the family in the Spring. I do not have to sell, I have title in hand and the car sits inside my garage and is driven a few days a week, it's not eating anything. Now on to the good stuff.

shortblock built by Paul's Automotive in Cincinnati, OH. I purchased the short block from the Corral with 3K miles on it and it now has approximately 6K miles. It's a 97 teksid block, stock cobra crank, Manley forged rods, and Probe -10.5cc pistons which ends up as right at 9.2:1 compression

stock B-heads/cams/intake

T45 transmission that shifts perfectly. I just ordered billet shift forks that should be here in a few days but I'm no longer going to install them. With those and $400 input shaft from Liberty the transmission would be rated at over 750hp capable.

8.8 solid axle with 31-spline axles, fully rebuilt 31-spline traction lock with extra clutches and FRPP 3.55 gear. All the internals are fresh with less than 1,000 miles and has royal purple fluid

Hellion kit with T76 upgrade. The wastegate is now dumped to the atmosphere and sounds awesome. The kit was converted to blow-thru configuration by Fastlane motorsports.

60lb injectors, -8 push-lock fuel hose for supply line and -6 push-lock for return with Aeromotive adapter fittings connected to the stock fuel pump pickup. Twin Walbro 255 pumps in the tank. Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on stock rails.

Kenne Bell boost-a-spark, FRPP plugs wires, Autolite AR94 plugs

Mac catback with 3" polished tips, DMH 3" electric cut out

AEM wideband 02 with gauge, Autometer PhantomII boost gauge

UPR tubular K-member with 12" 170lb springs in the front with stock struts, rear UPR lowers and adjustable uppers with stock springs cut 1 coil, stock shocks

smoked stock headlights, 35" window tint on the sides and rear and 50% on the windshield, Saleen S281 wing, Saleen tail light bezels

brand new 18x9 and 18x10 wheelreplicas deep dish Cobra R's with brand new 265/35/18 fronts and 295/35/18 rears

The car made 537rwhp/565rwtq on 93 octane through the restrictive chambered mufflers. The car makes around 560rwhp(est.) with the cutout open on pump gas. On 110 octane we tuned and car up to 20psi and it made 612rwhp. We forgot to open the cutout after tuning at 12psi but with a straight through style muffler I think it will gain a good bit on high boost.

I'm probably forgetting a lot stuff. The Hellion kit has only been on the car for approximately 3K miles and the car was bone stock before that. I bought the car with the Hellion kit being the only modification and all the other mods were performed by me at my shop Sexton's Performance. I'm probably forgetting some things but feel free to ask questions. I don't have very many good pics at the moment but I'll post what I have.

$15,500obo

th_DSC_0002.jpg

th_DSC_0003.jpg

th_DSC_0004.jpg

th_turbopic.jpg

pump gas
th_pumpgasdyno.gif

th_racegaswithboost.jpg

Last edited:

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
thanks, I will consider trades on 4-door 4x4 trucks, but I am not putting any cash with the car so it would need to be a straight trade or your truck plus cash.

qwikhuh

Established Member
I'd listen to offers, but I wont give it away. The hellion receipts alone were $8k, not to mention built rear, fuel system, shortblock, etc.

X100 This is why my car is for sale but not listed on here. Everyone loves to tell you what they feel your car is worth on here even though they have no interest in buying it. Just because the hacked up Cobras on ebay are only $8-10k does not mean a car that is built right like Marks isn't worth his asking price.

Good luck with the sale

wakeboarder193

Established Member
awesome car, i would love to hellion mine. and 16 seems very reasonable for a low miles and responsibly built car. the numbers seem a bit small though, 20psi in a 76mm with 110 octane? I would think 750-800

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
BUMP. I've got a new Jeep TJ project so the Cobra has been parked for a month. I'm open to offers.

I added a ported/polished shortrunner intake and moved the electric cutout to the downpipe a few months ago. Builds 2psi more with the cutout open! Also swapped to straight through mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread