Built heads

supragod98

Established Member
Who builds really good heads for our trucks? I'm looking into possible getting JLP ported heads with JLP stage II cams. Anyone got any input?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
it seems like it is.. they are great people. Great customer service, and good parts especially for the price.

supragod98

Established Member
So your saying it comes with valves, lifter, springs, and cams? I guess I should just call them on monday. Thanks guys for your help

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Hey, just an experience a friend had with partiot. A valve came up bent somehow, Patriot sent another head, without seeing the problematic one, no questions asked, he just has to send back the bad one.. thats it. Patriot wanted to keep the downtime of the truck to a minimum.

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
I have heard form various 10 sec. L owners that have had experience with patriot and the said their complete crap. now the majority of them use the JDM products. No pointing fingers but thats just what many, including Chillfactor, have said.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Also , i was gonna go the Patriot route also but decided not to... There machine work is top notch, but a little to much!!! They machine too much out of the heads where you will actually lose compresion!! Great price for sure!, but think about it... the springs, valves, retainers, guides, with the ported heads including cams?? Makes you wonder what kind of valvetrain there using for that price... Just giving you something to think about!!

Good luck on your choice!!

supragod98

Established Member
After looking at the site a little more it doesnt look like the heads come with a valvetrain. I guess I'll find out when I call on Monday.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
I have the Partiot stge 3 setup, with patriot cams, right now in my shop going on my new engine..
I have to say that the machinc work is the best i have eve seen, and I rec. the heads in 4 days...
I know they had probs ealy on with oil getting by the stems, but that has since been cured, and I would reccomend these heads to anyone.
Hell, they cnc heads for other retailers even....
L.

i8urchvy

Established Member
Those that recommend JDM over Patriot might be suprised to find out who supplies his heads ;)

supragod98

Established Member
Got to call Patriot today. They heads come with everything but the rocker assembly, followers, and cams. According to who I spoke with the stage II heads with cams will cost roughly 1875 shipped. I'll have to contact Mark at LFP and see what he can do for me.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Does the polishing make any difference in power? I mean you can't see inside the heads when they're on the engine, so, does the "port and polish" make a difference over the "port" job alone? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread