built ford tough proved itself yesterday

mustangglx

Established Member
So yesterday I was on my way to work in my explorer and i got rear ended by a BMW 528. I was stopped and the BMW hit me at between 20 and 30 mph. Here are pics, pardon the cell phone pics its all i had with me

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
youve got to be kidding me... haha thats insane. weird thing is, on teh way home frmo wrok in the opposite lane of the tunnel a 3 series bmw rear ended a F250... hood was all f'ed in the A, ford was fine.

musclefan21

Established Member
lol. not even a scratch? My LT1 is pretty strong too. a corolla rear ended me a couple years ago, his air bags came out and looked just like the BMW plus his front bumper was all over the highway. All i had was some red paint marks from his car on my rear bumper which was buffed out!

Shackleford

Established Member
y? those are called crumple zones and itll save ur ass one day when you need it to crush.
Good point. The front of vehicles are designed to do that so you don't get hurt.

But that's probably a good 10K+ repair job, lol

mustangglx

Established Member
only damage to the explorer is the rear bumper is pushed in about a half inch or so on the drivers side and the reinforcement the bumper ball sits on is bent down a little tiny bit. im just glad i was in the explorer and not one of the mustangs!

Users who are viewing this thread