Built Blown Focus VId SP Main Nov 09

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Here is a short clip of the Foci before the head gasket went. :shrug::shrug:

I get by the BMW, STI, and Neon at the same time :)

Car ran GREAT and is FAST!!

Big thanks goes out to Excessive for the awesome work getting the engine pulled and put back in, and doing everything else I asked them to do while it was at their shop.

Top Notch work.

Kudos to Jon L for a great tune, 330HP on Mustang Dyno on Pump gas.

This vid was the inaugural session and I was taking it easy :shrug: on 93 Octane, did not even get a chance to play with the race tune.

Car back at engine builder, blown head gasket #2 cyl exhaust side....no other signs of damage or detonation so we are hoping just bad head gasket or install issue.

Anyhow, the engine builder is taking care of me :banana::banana:

Glad it was the end of the season, we will be ready for the 2010 season and I will move up to Greg and Dougs group and HAUNT THEM :lol::lol:

I will also post the in car vid as well.

Enjoy,

Ken

:beer::beer:

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/7541531"]Built Focus at Summit Point Main Nov 2009 on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J7wUZ2yfts"]YouTube- Built Focus Engine Debut[/ame]

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
awsome... sorry to hear about the motor... that little focus was sure giving it to them though...

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks guys, the little thing hauls azz :lol::lol::banana::banana:

Lots of fun, can't wait to get it all ironed out and have some good fun :banana:

Ken

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Once it stay's running, it's gonna be a terror. :eek:
Just some teething problems right now.

Yep, pretty much :banana:

I now have driven the Cobra on the same track and given the mods done to each, I would school the Cobra on the track.

Just a blown head gasket, she will be back up and running strong soon.

Seriously, if you have not been to a road course, this thing rules. Handles like a kart, and with the much needed HP I can now hold my own on the straights...or better :lol::lol:

Fun ride

Ken

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
OK, so I think we are there now :banana::banana:

I just got the car back again this past Sat....after the head gasket was replaced it did not idle right or run good, so back it went.

Turned out to be bad 02 sensor and broken pcv pipe/hose....

This project had been going on since May of last year, and now I think I am ready to schedule some events.

New tune added 2% fuel and pulled one degree of timing, so I hope to be safe.

I want to again thank ALL INVOLVED in this project, from the beginning when I told Billy I wanted to go faster so then came the blower/LSD/Spec 3 yada yada and EXCESSIVE for the awesome work pulling and replacing the engine, header wrap, new hose kit which I heard was a biatch to put on, and all the other stuff I asked for. Lots has been done to this DD, and I hope now is the time to really enjoy all the hard work and $$$$$$$ involved.

But wait, theres MORE...I will need to get some more suspension work (coil overs) and I will eventually need to replace the plastic intake manifold with something beefy :rockon:

With any luck I will have longer vids coming soon from the track.

Thanks again all!

Ken

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Thanks man, how is yours running?

My car is very sic and will not start I have to get it to Billy. It smokes like a freakin frieght train the RINGS are done basically I need a bottom end. I really do not feel like putting that type of money back into the car but I may have to. I have thought about parting the car out BUT I just don't know:nonono::nonono: My COBRA runs like a beast as does my truck the car is just sitting in the garage.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I will take your wheels :banana::banana:

Thats about all I think I could use off of it :lol:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread