Built block w/Eaton, is an 11 possible????

SVTGABE

Established Member
My truck is at PSI getting a whole new built block with stage 2 heads and cams. My mods are below in my sig plus the new TF icebox. I decided not to port the supercharger since i plan on going with a Kenne Bell or a Whipple in the near future. What kind of hp numbers do you guys think i will get and do you guys think an 11 second timeslip is possible?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Yeah, you could get an 11 sec slip. It might take some slicks and maybe race gas, but you could get there.

Woot for PSI!:rockon:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I know a guy that runs a ported eaton with a 6lber on a stock block running 11.80's.. It's possible.. He had alot of weight reduction and was only running 430+Rwhp..

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Actually went and found his times because I could not remember his 60t times.. RED 92, where you at??.. (San Antonio) Pretty Kick azz times if you ask me!
2002 Lightning 440 505 1.4921 7.4771 89.64 11.8429 112.84 4600 SAR 4lb, port, SCT9100, t-bars, slicks and 16

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I remember seeing a thread on NLOC where this L owner was running 11's with a
ported Eaton and very good tune from either PSI or PSP(don't remember?).

I believe the tuner was in Cali and now moved to Fla.

Anyway,he posted up all his time slips.......

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I remember seeing a thread on NLOC where this L owner was running 11's with a
ported Eaton and very good tune from either PSI or PSP(don't remember?).

I believe the tuner was in Cali and now moved to Fla.

Anyway,he posted up all his time slips.......

Sal from PSP was in NY now he is in FL.

Wayne

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
yea its not hard. a buddy of mine went mid 11's with a ported eaton on a stock long block

hes also running 11.1 on a stock long block now with the KB. shooting for 10's next pass out

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I say no. Not on a *unported* eaton like you have. An unported eaton puts out temendous heat when you overspin it.

Given the mods you list:
I think you'll go low 12s on slicks. And *maybe* you'll go a 11.9 if the DA is good. Port it and your there no problem.

Rich

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I wanna know how he pulled off a 1.4921 60' on 16" rims w/ slicks. I can not get better than a 1.7 and thats all different settings on the QA1's, and all sorts of different tire pressures... Leaving at different stalls....etc.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I say no. Not on a *unported* eaton like you have. An unported eaton puts out temendous heat when you overspin it.

Given the mods you list:
I think you'll go low 12s on slicks. And *maybe* you'll go a 11.9 if the DA is good. Port it and your there no problem.

Rich

Agreed, on a built motor I think porting helps a lot more than on a stock motor because you really need to spin it up to feed the motor. I ran 12's last year with a 6# lower on hankooks making 466/534. This year I will be on slicks/skinnies and also added a 2400 RPM converter. Also now putting down the #'s below with a 10# lower. I expect 11's.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I wanna know how he pulled off a 1.4921 60' on 16" rims w/ slicks. I can not get better than a 1.7 and thats all different settings on the QA1's, and all sorts of different tire pressures... Leaving at different stalls....etc.

Lol... I hear ya... If I wouldn't have been there, it would have been hard for me to believe as well....I guess the stars and planets were aligned correctly along with cold weather, and good burnout.
heres a video.. He is in the left lane.. Todd-TXoutlaw right hand lane

http://s252.photobucket.com/player....wo4one_photo/ToddClay00000.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Last edited:

SVTGABE

Established Member
Thanks for the input fellas. I think i'm gonna fork up the extra cash and ask Pat to port out the ol' Eaton for me. I'm going to go with a 8# lower to get that thing spinning pretty good.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Thanks for the input fellas. I think i'm gonna fork up the extra cash and ask Pat to port out the ol' Eaton for me. I'm going to go with a 8# lower to get that thing spinning pretty good.

Don't wast the money on a port. Go with a KB or whipple.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member

Given the mods you list:

Rich

Al Walker had his stock block, unported Eaton truck running 11.8s. I have seen this done in person. 6# lower, 2.8 upper.
I ran 10.90 boost only with my MP with the Eaton rotorpacks. It can be done with attention to detail.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread