built and blown 1996 cobra 500Rwhp 72000 origanal miles $9500

mineslouder

Established Member
New pics, go to link and scroll down, interior and car.
500 rwhp 1996 cobra sell or trade new price. - Street Car Forums - auto forum uniting car and race enthusiast everywhere!

Bottom dollar on car is 8000 but will sell the car minus the wheels and tires for 7500. My wife has a 98 cobra i could put these on. Will also sell it without the blower for for 7000.

Dont know how to post pics so click on the link. Sorry

[ame=http://www.streetcarforums.com/showthread.php?t=153156]built and blown 1996 mustang cobra for sale possible trade 500+rwhp $9500 - Street Car Forums - auto forum uniting car and race enthusiast everywhere![/ame]
needing to get up some money for a down payment on a house, rather sell it outright but will trade it for something of less value and some cash, Who ever gets it i promise you with a new valve the car will be awesome street car and will bring you nothing but fun and excitement. I promise.

Okay guys just got the car back from injected and needs new valve on passenger side head.
Okay i am selling my pride and joy due to my financial situation. I have alot of money in this car and it was always babied and maintained rediculously. It was always a blast to drive and is one mean beast. The car dynoed 500 rw horsepower on a safe tune. Just recently the car developed a problem. The passenger side head burnt a valve or dropped a valve. The head will need to be taken off and a new valve replaced but if i were to keep it i would have the whole head rebuilt since it would be off but it wouldnt be necessary. I just got it back from injected engineering in kennesaw thats who does all the work on the car like maintnance,performance, and oil changes, nothing but the best went on this car or worked on this car. The car still runs and drives but not to its full potential. It still is pretty fast and will get down the road good. I would guess the way it sits right now its got about 400 to the rear wheels right now. So for 9500 you are getting a built blown cobra with 74000 original miles and a clean carfax that needs about 2000 worth of work to it. You cant buy a quarter of this stuff for 9500 dollars. So for about 12000 you are going to have one mean street car. Call me for more information. Here are the modifications
Engine- DSS short block bored 30 over with forged pistons, cobra crank. Has custom grind cams, stage 3 ported and polished heads,longtube headers, x-pipe,42 lbs injectors, vortech supercharger with the vortech aftercooler, 11lbs of boost. Arp head studs.
Transmission is a t-45 5 speed that also has tons of money in it to support the horsepower, spec stage 3 clutch.
31 spline axles,410 ring and pinion much more just so much stuff that i am forgetting right now.
The interior is in good shape with no rips or tears in the camel tan leather. Jack Roush signed my passenger side airbag. cobra has 17/9 and 17/10.5 black bullits on it with 275 tires in front and 315/35/17 mickey thompson drag radials in the rear which are brand new. Car has brand new brakes and cross drilled rotors in front. Car was my weekend car but could be a daily driver if thats what you are wanting. Car is in great shape and everything is tight on it. Price is firm i have well over 20000 in it and you cant find a car like this for less than 12000 so dont low ball me i know what this car is worth. Call me with any questions serious buyers only. 404 379 8687 Cody. possible partial trades let me know what you got. $9500 firm, here is what i might trade for 87-93 coupe plus cash on your part if its not built, 87-93 hatch or lx plus cash if its not built, 94-95 mustang gt or cobra plus cash or if its built. wave runners,streetbikes, four wheelers, just let me know what you got. I am not into chevy products so no camaros. The only thing i might do a trade on is a trans am. thanks Just send me some offers the worse i could say is no thanks.

Last edited:

Deathproof

Established Member
super good deal, very well built car for a good price.

I am buying a built SN95 soon, you will definitely find a buyer. Only reason I don't want yours is the color combo, I settled with the last cobra but this one is going to be exactly what I want.

mineslouder

Established Member
will take 8000 minus wheels and tires and hood or 8200 minus wheels and tires but hood stays on car. thanks deathproof i know it will sell. thanks

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
does the car still drive? if i were to get it id have to drive it quite aways and dont want it to give up half way there. and do you no how much to fix the head?

mineslouder

Established Member
It still runs but a little rough, smells like it is running real rich, i drove it about 20 miles to drop it off at the local performance shop to get it diagnosed and drove it home another 20 miles, it does fine when you are driving but when you come to a stop and starts to load up on fuel so i useually give it a little gas when i am at a stop. I try not to drive it the way it is because i dont know if it would mess it up, i was told it wouldnt hurt it but i myself will not drive it till it was fixed just because i will only drive the car at full potential. But i could get in it and drive it right now if i wanted to. you should ask a mechanic or someone on here if it would hurt to drive it with a bad valve. I got a quote from a guy on another website that knows his stuff. he said he would do it for 1800 dollars, he would pull the motor and rebuild the head and put it back in. To get a decent price to do it you would have to find a real good mechanic to do it on the side, if you take it to a shop i would say they would charge atleast 3500 dollars. These motors are not easy to work on exspecially if it has a blower and aftercooler on it, there is no room under the hood. Just trying to be honest about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread