built 6 speed twin turbo questions

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
My car has a pretty much brand new D&D performance t56 the only have one and its suppose to be the best on the market viper spec with viper gearing witch I think the taller viper gearing is helping with traction. Im keeping the car at a very conservative 700whp at 15 psi THP twin 61mm. Do you guys anticipate transmission failures at this power level? I do drive the car very conservatively.

Driver500

Established Member
transmission failure no

clutch failure. more often than you'd like

I ran that transmission with a few different clutches and never could get it right. Finally sold it all and went auto. Best decision since the turbos had gone on.

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
I didn't sell the auto I sold my car and got another one because I wished I didn't sell it... It's actually a car I owned before lol.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
transmission failure no

clutch failure. more often than you'd like

I ran that transmission with a few different clutches and never could get it right. Finally sold it all and went auto. Best decision since the turbos had gone on.

what clutches did you go through? at what power?

I blew my T56 after 4 HARD years with the whipple and a 1 year and a bit with the turbo. My input shaft got crewed up on the inside. I am still on the same clutch I had in the old trans and it still grabs great 5 years and counting. It's a early RXT.

itSSlow98

Established Member
what clutches did you go through? at what power?

I blew my T56 after 4 HARD years with the whipple and a 1 year and a bit with the turbo. My input shaft got crewed up on the inside. I am still on the same clutch I had in the old trans and it still grabs great 5 years and counting. It's a early RXT.

Yep my RXT looks perfect after 6k miles and 700+rwhp(it made more on e85 with the prior owner). Like younggun said though my input shaft was FUBAR'd from the excessive heat on long pulls. I replaced that and the rest of the trans looked good. If you have any issues it will be the same thing unless you do a pump to hit the input and cluster gear with fluid directly.

Users who are viewing this thread