Built 2.6kb Cobra For Sale.....Motor Problems

tohighpsi

Established Member
Here is the story. To be honest I bought this car when I really shouldnt have. I over extended myself by getting it and pretty much wiped out my bank account. I havent even really had a chance to enjoy the car yet and have ran into some problems. Today while out I pulled on the car through third gear and shifted into fourth and lost power. Saw alot of smoke out the back and pulled over. Car had oil all over the top of the motor and in the exhaust. Car was still running had oil preasure and never got hot. Pretty much positive I broke a ring and am getting blow by. Well like I said I am dead broke and have no money to fix the car. So im willing to eat some money and sell the car the way it sits. Like I said the car still runs and is one of the cleanest terminators you will find. Im not going to post a price but I have something in mind. I need to sell the car but it will sit before I give it away for nothing.

Ok here is the post from the ad that I bought the car from. This is outlaw racer Tim Lynchs old street car.

2003 Redfire Cobra
41,841 miles

Engine / Driveline

Built Pro Line Racing short block (~4,000 miles on new short block)
- ARP 2000 rod bolt upgrade
- CP pistons
- ARP main studs
- Billet oil pump gears
- ARP head studs

- Spec clutch
- 26 spline input shaft
- Short throw shifter

Power Adder / Fuel System

- Kenne Bell 2.6H supercharger (includes 2 pulleys, 2 belts)
- Kenne Bell throttle body
- MPH custom billet blower inlet
- SCT maf
- MPH cold air intake
- Intercooler reservoir upgrade
- BBK long tube headers
- BBK off-road x-pipe
- Bassani stainless cat-back exhaust
- 60lb/hr injectors
- Twin focus pumps
- Upgraded FPDM
- Fuel pump wiring upgrade
- Kenne Bell boost-a-pump

Suspension / Appearance

- PA Racing tubular k-member
- PA Racing tubular control arms
- UPR coil overs
- BBK caster/camber plates
- Subframe connectors (mount through seat brackets)
- Black FR500 Wheels (18x9, 18x10)
- Mickey Thompson drag radials 305/40/18
- Smoked head lights
- Smoked fog lights
- HID head lights
- Auto Meter boost gauge
- Auto Meter intercooler water temperature gauge
- Raptor shift light

Extras

- Custom rear seat delete kit – not installed

This car was professionally tuned by Tim Barth @ MPH Performance. The car made 608rwhp/570rwtq on pump gas and 665rwhp/620rwtq on race gas.

Here is a link to some recent pics

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/706488-photo-shoot-my-03-redfire.html

18k is my bottom dollar. I couldnt sell it for less if I wanted to. If I cant get that I am just going to save up and fix it

Please email me at [email protected] or call or text me at 443-480-3403

Last edited:

tohighpsi

Established Member
If your interested shot me an offer and we can go from there. Forgot to mention car has brand new hoosier drag radials

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
You should atleast post what you are likely to take so people won't bug you about price. And good luck with the sale its a tough market out there.

tohighpsi

Established Member
Ok I guess I could save everybody and myself some trouble. The bottom dollar I will take for the car is 18k. Anything less then that I will just let it sit and fix it. I would eat way to much money for anything less then that

tohighpsi

Established Member
the motor only has 4k on it and they won't fix it?

The previous owner of the car is an engine builder at proline. He is willing to help me out but said he cant do it for free. The problem is I still have to pay to get it out back in and tuned. Plus figure out how to get it back down to ga

mysteed

Established Member
Free bump. I've seen this car a LOT as it used to be local to me and it's one of the cleanest Terminators that I've seen.

tohighpsi

Established Member
Free bump. I've seen this car a LOT as it used to be local to me and it's one of the cleanest Terminators that I've seen.

Thanks man. Hopefully I can get it sold and move on. If not Maybe soon enough it will run like it used too

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I have a built bottom end in my garage if you want, pm me about price. its brand new just built. have recieps, arp rod bolts, teksid block, probe pistons, just came out of the machine shop 2 days ago. I may go a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread