Building the coyote

TClark22

Established Member
Make this short. I'm dropping my s/c 2v and putting in a coyote.

Now i have bought the Coyote. I bought one that had a #8 failure cause it was cheaper and i want to build it so it can handle lots of boost.

What do i need besides the obvious rods and pistons? I am not trying to make this a budget build but would like to save money where i can!! Since i probably won't be able to add boost after i build this motor and drop it in. But it will be boosted heavily down the road. My goal numbers when i do add boost are a 700-800 everyday street tune and lets face it, i want the possibility to make a 4 digit dyno queen pass here and there. But that would be really rare to turn it up to that high. I want to run e85 too once i am boosted.

So far i am thinking...

MMR1000 internals, manley H beams manley pistons arp2000 bolts
ARP mainstuds and side bolt kit
ARP head studs
billet oil pump gear

What else would you guys recommend since the motor is already in pieces?

Also what cams would you guys suggest? This motor came with no stock cams so i don't know if i should just find some stockers or go boss or etc...

I am going to have to run this motor N/a for a while before i can afford boost so i hope building a motor for boost and running it n/a isn't a problem.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That's a good parts list. Not sure how necessary ARP bottom end hardware is, I just used new factory bolts and ARP head studs on my most recent build. Compression ratio is another question, there is some HP lurking there depending on which power adder you use. Smaller blower like a TVS I would stay 11:1, big centri, 4.0 or turbo I would drop it to 10:1.. though E85 helps a ton with that too

TClark22

Established Member
yea the plan is to turbo it in the future running e85, obviously i'll run regular 91 in it while its n/a. was thinking 10:1. Doesn't e85 like the higher ratios with boost?

TClark22

Established Member
send it off to MMR and they'll make it a MMR1000 for $2300 iirc.

This is still on my mind. I was always thinking MMR when i was considering building my 2v. But I thinking 2300 + the shipping both ways is a bit pricey. When i can buy their rod and piston kit for 1200 and have someone local do it. I haven't gotten any quotes on that or anything so i don't know how much it costs to build a shortblock. If they included shipping i would just go ahead and pull the trigger.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Mine is 11.5 to one, mostly due to altitude. It didn't mind 16psi at sea level on E 85 recently.

One factor to consider for a local build, does anybody in your area have a torque plate?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Didn't dyno it down there. Should be 800 rwhp range which is ironically what our dynos up here in CO correct to.

Users who are viewing this thread