building a motor, options, combos???

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
possibly will be rebuilding my motor (all depending on when ford will be able to get me a new motor). cheapest option would just be to use my stock block, use all new ford stock internals (in case my crank can't be re-used), and get a new driver's side head, and new intake cam, depending on how much i need and condition of everything. now if i was to go that route i would just upgrade the pistons, add arp bolts throughout, and be done with it. now i am also looking at a teksid block (if i can get one in time) which would be great to drop even more weight off the car (just did solid rear, seats, rsd). i know the stock crank and rods are very stout, pistons so/so. would it be worth to throw fr500 cam kit in? or to upgrade to a stage 2 cam (which would start to add up the money)? i figure the piston upgrade is a no-brainer, teksid block also if i can get my hands on one, but i am not sure on the cams, as this would be the time to do them, and my motor would be set up for a nice twin screw or whatever down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread