Building a drag only car

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
:banana: I bought a 96 mustang that I plan on converting to a drag car only to run brackets at the strip. Not looking to build a 5 second car or anything just a car that runs a good time. I have a corbra engine to go in and I know I will need a diffrent rear end because this car is not even a GT. I am looking for ideas that you think work and most of all the ones that you have found to be a waste of time....throw out the Ideas please.

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
gut the interior, and sound deadening crap out, heater components, ac components, air bags (carefully), just put good axles, 4.30's, and a spool in the rearend you have (it should still be an 8.8), weld in a roll bar/cage compatible with the et's you are shooting for, through floor subframe connectors, good control arms with solid bushings, install torque box reinforcements, lightweight seats and 5-point harnesses, battery in the trunk with an NHRA approved shutoff. drag shocks on both ends. . . . . .that should get you pointed in the right direction. . . . . . . basically anything to make the car lighter and NHRA compliant. .

Users who are viewing this thread