building a 90 GT

Mach one

Established Member
i am building up a 90 GT and i was wondering what i kind of mods i should do to it? i want to have at least 400 rwhp. Can i do this naturally aspirated? also if the car has that what should it run in 1/4? it has an automatic and i will probably keep that in there. any info will be appreciated.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Before you start adding horsepower you will have to beef up the tranny and rearend also good idea to get battleboxes and subframe connectors.Then you need to think if you are going to keep in fuel injected or convert it to carbueted.Also if its going to be drag race car,street @strip car, or street car take all this in consideration.you will get alot of better answer to your question. Then you will want a rollcage (6,8,or 12)point cage.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You could probably get 400 to the wheels easily on a good 347 stroker. Get some AFR 185's, good anderson "N" cam and a Performer or Trickflow intake.

You can make all that power first, but shit will break if you don't beef the rest of it up. Full chassis strengthening, built tranny, rearend, etc...

Mach one

Established Member
when i bought the car it has 88,000 original miles on it a cobra upper and lower intake and an off road pipe. other then that i don't know what else it has i haven't taked anything apart yet.

JaNiCe331

Established Member
yeah listen to them dont do what i did.... get the motor of my dreams and have to drive it like a pussy becasue i dont have enough money yet for tranny, rearend, and chassis

Users who are viewing this thread