Building a 800+ rwhp...

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I am looking to build a 800-900rwhp DOHC motor and was wondering if anyone knew of some good companies out there that could help me out. I currently have a 530rwhp car but I'm looking for more. I am trying to sell this motor to a buddy of mine who has a 01 GT that wants a Cobra motor. I am also trying to build a beefy motor that is going to handle 20-27psi from my procharger. I currently get 9-12psi from the procharger. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. If you guys know of any good websites or telephone numbers, I need em.

Last edited:

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Building it yourself, or having someone do it for you?

Check out springfield motorsport. They have built many bad ass mustangs. Their kinda pricey but their work is pretty quality stuff (at least when I went there it was.)
http://www.springfieldmotorsport.com/

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
I think there is a shop called double A speed and custom (or something like that) in manassas.

I think my cousin mentioned that they build short blocks, through turn key motors. Maybe you can check them out.

Last edited:

Taylor04

**** it, Run it!
Established Member
Theres the well known XMP (xtreme mustang performance) down here in so cal. Click here to check them out. They seem to be really popular and well known.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Whatever you do, do not use Indy Mustangs in Indy. Horror stories are abundant from there. Good luck with it.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Might try T&J Performance just north of Atlanta, GA. They built my little 2V to 663 rwhp at 17 psi. Great service, great tuning, and as honest as any person I've ever dealt with (which is hard to find in this game). Good luck. Sounds like you'll have your hands full.

Users who are viewing this thread