Build sheet 96 cobra

GRUSE

Established Member
700+ RWHP,First requirement 1 dump truck filled with cash.
Seriously how do you want to achieve that goal supercharger or turbo?What are the miles on the engine,is it still stock stock?
Simplest way is drop in a Coyote Aluminator crate engine new ECU add a turbo or supercharger,T56 transmission to hold the power,up grade the rear end,brakes,exaust and fuel system.The list goes on.
For the low 400hp a kennebell or centrifugal supercharger with a safe tune can be done on the stock internals.

Congratulations on joining the SVT family.Enjoy the Cobra for a bit they are fun stock and more funner with some basic easy mods.This forum is the best for information about our cars.Lets see some pics of your car.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Simplest way is drop in a Coyote Aluminator crate engine new ECU add a turbo or supercharger,T56 transmission to hold the power,up grade the rear

You have to change and update so many components with a FI Coyote setup, including purchasing several custom pieces to make it work. I have no idea how you could think that is the easiest way to get 700whp. The costs alone on something like that are so much higher than your typical built motor, FI setup it's not even funny.

Zemedici

Established Member
You have to change and update so many components with a FI Coyote setup, including purchasing several custom pieces to make it work. I have no idea how you could think that is the easiest way to get 700whp. The costs alone on something like that are so much higher than your basic built motor, FI setup it's not even funny.

was thinking the same thing...

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Rods, pistons, and a T76.

Google Turbo Tim Palmer. Made 1000rwhp with stock b-heads and intake. Of course all the supporting mods to go along with it though. That's where the dump truck comes into play! lol

-Mark

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
The cash is not an issue. Its a second cobra that does not have to be a DD. It can be in the garage for extended time.
its still bare bones stock with 84k miles on it

Well if the budget can handle it to me there are three routes that I would consider. Bare in mind this is only my opinion.

1. Built motor. T56 magnum. McLeod rxt. Big centri. E85. Built rear. Suspension to get the power down (coil overs and a watts link out back). Look at 98SaleenCobra's build as his is the essence of a big centri build.

2. Same as above but C heads and a big Whipple.

3. (I am bias here as it's the route I am taking). Built motor. B heads. Magnum. Rxt. Glenn's performance gp1000 fuel system. T78 single turbo. Blah blah blah.

Supporting mods are both the key to a big power build and the majority of the cost. If you're leaning towards #3 I can give you more specifics on parts and options for the supporting mods.

Best of luck man! Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread