build options.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

Like I said before, I am more or less building the same thing you are over the winter (god willing). My build is a 408 stroker with a big single turbo but motor wise its the same build. And yes, unless you plan to race at the track often I would gear the car for the kind of racing it will see most. For most of us that is 40-140 rolls, maybe 60-160 in a car of this stature but 160mph in a fox is kinda scary and honestly, there really isn't much point in going over 140mph on public streets. Also, the car in the vid is probably making right around 650whp, so thats right about what your looking at, maybe a little less with the S-trim but I would say 550-600whp on pump gas would be no problem. My old fox at 340whp trapped 118mph in the 1/4 so yea, if you add another 200+whp to that....well, you do the math, lol.

war_machine92

Banned
nice :) well, i'm gonna shoot for 650rwhp, if i dont get that, too easy lol i'll just get a big pro charger, drivers side mounted so i can run boost piping a lot easier to an intercooler, and around to the TB, might hook up water/meth too.

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
"...but 160mph in a fox is kinda scary and honestly, there really isn't much point in going over 140mph on public streets"

I must be getting old. Does this strike anyone else as excessive?

Or maybe I am just jealous!

war_machine92

Banned
lol nah man, i think the statement makes perfect sense. maybe its just me but even when i had my built up cobalt ss, thing was stupid fast, and the way it got up to 140 just was ridiculous, and it handled a lot better than my car even though its in crazy good shape lol. i wouldnt wanna go over 140 in it unless im on the track and with this build, i'm feeling that thats going to be easiy achievable lol just gonna take some time getting used to

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Ahh, wait, I get it now. Just saw where you live.

Try doing that here in Southern California!

140, lol, try to get into 2nd gear out here - I dare you!

Enjoy sir, sounds like a blast! And yes, jealous is the correct answer here.

war_machine92

Banned
lol well quite honestly, i dont play around TOO much on the streets, but here in el paso, wow lol the cops are like, rare lol. they dont care about stuff unless its dealin with bustin druggies or people causin crap out in the city lol. but about the build, im pretty stoked, its just gonna be a long process. i dont wanna drop the beast in it until i have the front end all stripped out, redone, repainted and wire tucked. then while its all gutted and cleaned, i'll do all the suspension work and do some cleaning/undercoating under the car, then drop the monster in and go balls to the wall.

war_machine92

Banned
i'll sell ya my 306 and TKO 600 when im done with it though :) the 306 is bein rebuilt right now, forged internals, trick flow heads etc etc.

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
God how I'd love a built 306 and a TKO 600!

We may need to talk...

And how did you know I got paid today? I thought my ex-wife was the only one with that power!

Users who are viewing this thread