Build 9/9 ETA 9/23 still no Cobra

Jake

Established Member
Hey guys,
This is my first time posting here although I have been reading these boards everyday for the last few months. I wanted to wait until I picked up my 03 Cobra to do my first post. Anyways I ordered the car in Febuary of this year and was supposed to get a first run car. I ordered the chrome wheels at that time and near the end of July I received a call from the dealership. They stated that the chrome wheels would not be available until the 2nd run and asked if I wanted to wait a few weeks or take delivery with the polished wheels instead. Well I figured I have waited this long might as well wait a few more weeks and get what I want. BIG MISTAKE! I recieved another call in August and was told that the chrome will not be available until Feb 2003 if at all. I finally got a build date of 9/9 and an ETA for the week of 9/23. Its now Friday and still no car :( Sorry this is so long but I had to vent a little bit. I read about how much you guys are loving your cars and the mods being done and start to feel so frustrated. I wonder if the fact that I live in Canada has something to do with how long it is taking. I live near Toronto Ontario which is only a few hours from where the cars are built I really thought my car would be here this week. Anyways enjoy your awesome cars guys and keep posting mods, kill stories, cleaning tips, etc...
At least I can read about the Cobra until mine gets here :p:cryying:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
My ETA was 9/23 as well. Car came today, picking up tomorrow. So I would have to say yours should be their soon.

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Still waiting here for my 9/23 car. I called VOPC on Wednesday and the girl said the train was scheduled to arrive on Thursday. On Thursday I called Union Pacific and talked to a very nice girl who asked "are you sure it's on the UP?" "No not really" She found out it was on the BNSF and gave me a number to call.

Another nice girl at BNSF said there was some sort of trouble ticket open on the rail car (figures), but she didn't know what it meant, although she told me it was at the delivery point.

As of this evening the VOPC is still saying it shipped via rail on the 17th.:cuss:

Brian

Jake

Established Member
Thats great news ShadowCobra!

BrianR I know how you feel the waiting is really starting to frustrate me to the point where I find it hard to sleep at night lol.

I guess once we have our cars we will forget all about the waiting part, hope you get your car soon bro.

Users who are viewing this thread