Bugatti Veyron Top Gear Power-Lap

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQEkilYbi8"]YouTube - Top Gear Bugatti Veyron Lap Time[/ame]

Surprised it was even that fast, shes a heavy sob.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
wow I've been waitin to see what the stig would do with it... KOENISEGEGEIEGEG BABY

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I don't think they'd ever run the Veyron at the ring at full tilt. The car costs $1.5 million and is the most advanced piece of automotive engineering created thus far in a street car. It doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Car that heavy must have good tires under it to perform on a track. You can hear how much tire squeal he was getting on that lap and it still did a low 18. It would be just as fast as the Gumpert with a tire that could compensate for all that weight.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
Wow very impressive for a car that heavy. Majority of the vehicles on the top of that list are purpose built racecars for the street. That car is nothing short of an engineering master piece.

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
i am very suprised and impressed the bugatti went that fast for the weight and size of the thing!
that car is engineering art!

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I don't think they'd ever run the Veyron at the ring at full tilt. The car costs $1.5 million and is the most advanced piece of automotive engineering created thus far in a street car. It doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Car that heavy must have good tires under it to perform on a track. You can hear how much tire squeal he was getting on that lap and it still did a low 18. It would be just as fast as the Gumpert with a tire that could compensate for all that weight.

They push F1 cars pretty hard and they are worth between 20-30x more than a Veyron.

Blown 89

Established Member
Makes me wonder what the lighter 1,018 hp Koenigsegg CCR Edition and 1183 hp SSC Ultimate Aero will do.

Blown 89

Established Member
They push F1 cars pretty hard and they are worth between 20-30x more than a Veyron.
When's the last time they ran an F1 car hard at the Ring? The last run I know of was Nick Heidfeld's record run in which he wasn't pushing at all and slowed for photo ops. As far as I know they don't push F1 cars hard there at all.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
When's the last time they ran an F1 car hard at the Ring? The last run I know of was Nick Heidfeld's record run in which he wasn't pushing at all and slowed for photo ops. As far as I know they don't push F1 cars hard there at all.

They do, but just on the f1 circuit, not the north loop. They do run with an entire grid though, so it balances out, don't you think? :shrug:

What I'm trying to say is that if the Veyron didn't do well on the ring, it wasn't because they were scared of crashing it. Several cars were required to be crashed for structural tests, as well as the numerous developmental mules which also crashed because the Veyron is inherently flawed.

Blown 89

Established Member
They do, but just on the f1 circuit, not the north loop. They do run with an entire grid though, so it balances out, don't you think? :shrug:
I don't think it balances out at all.

What I'm trying to say is that if the Veyron didn't do well on the ring, it wasn't because they were scared of crashing it. Several cars were required to be crashed for structural tests, as well as the numerous developmental mules which also crashed because the Veyron is inherently flawed.
Surviving a crash test and surviving a crash on a VERY fast Nurburgring at top speed are two different things. If the Veyron didn't do well it didn't do well, and a 7:40 definately isn't considered doing well. The manufacturer of the grand daddy of elite supercars doesn't take the trip all the way there to meander around the course, that I'll agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread