Bug issues!

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Hey guys. I just got back from vacation and killed a whack of bugswith my car. But now, I can't get them off. Does anyone know of anything that will get rid of them?

SVTHorsnake

Banned
CVR98GT said:
Hey guys. I just got back from vacation and killed a whack of bugswith my car. But now, I can't get them off. Does anyone know of anything that will get rid of them?

your finger nails and several hours.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
Keep soaking it with soap & water as you wash the car. They'll come off pretty easily after a little while

Scott P

Established Member
Bug Squash is set to arrive on Wednesday. I've heard a lot of good things, but never got a sample to play with. The first pint will make it to my arsenal in the garage.

JJPMach1 said:
Keep soaking it with soap & water as you wash the car. They'll come off pretty easily after a little while
+1 keep the bumper wet for about at least a half an hour and they will come right off.

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Take a tissue put it over the bug and spray the tissue with water or quik detailer, wait a few minutes and the bugs guts should come right off. If I have a bunch of bugs I'll do that to the entire bumper and wash the rest of the car while the wet tissues are stuck to the bumper, I then remove them and wash teh bumper.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
May sound weird....but I would put my lawn sprinkler in front of my car and let it spray it for awhile....It would loosen up the bugs And when I went out and washed my car they would just fall all with NO problems!

01SVTman

Twisty ability!
Established Member
What a bunch of rookies! :-D J/K

The cream style hand cleaner works best on dried bugs. Apply a generous coat and let soak for 3-5 minutes; rinse with car wash mitt, soap and water.
Presto!

Enjoy. :coolman:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A guy showed me a trick at a car show one day. Babywipes are GREAT for taking bugs off. Wipe the bugs down with babywipes before you wash and it doesn't hurt your paint either. Works like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread