Buffed the 89.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
I am the 5th owner of this car. Had I owned it from the start it would be flawless; however, that is not the case. I recently had a new motor put in along with a bunch of other things. So while the motor work was done it sat outside for about a year until I could come and pick it up. So with that being said the oxidation and other things were terrible. It's the original one stage paint from 1989, so it's a bit rough to begin with. I plan on painting it next year when I move to Fort Campbell, Kentucky. But for now, this is going to have to do until it gets fresh paint.

I used a Dewalt buffer with TPC pads (grabage pads!). I set the buffer for about 3,500 in a lot of the heavily oxidized spots and 2,600 - 3,000 for the rest of the car. I didn't spend countless hours on it, made it a pretty quick job, but for what it is, it came out great I think. I used the Turtle Wax Black Box, and I have to say, that stuff works great. It's no Zaino, Pinnacle, Poor Boys, or whatever else is better, but it did the job.

Here are the before pics:

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

Heavy Oxidation on the Quater panel:
DSC01186.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

After:
DSC01190.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

That badly oxidized quarter panel.
DSC01195.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

Enjoy!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Turtle Wax black box & Dewalt buffer.

DOH- my bad, I just looked at the pics but didn't read. Sorry.

Nice results:rockon: - One combo to keep in mind for the Future, CG Blacklight topped with V07. Works amazing on a black car!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread