Established Member
Cost about 25 bux total.
4 inch PVC
4 inch 90* elbow
4 to 3 inch street elbow
4 inch rubber coupler
3 inch rubber coupler
3 hose clamps

paint or vinyl stickers...i used a carbon fiber decal that can be found at your local parts house. it sure looks better then the white pvc pipe! getto i know:(, but the paint chips off pvc very easy.:fm:

have fun :coolman::coolman::coolman:i can do a write up if this generates enough interest:beer:

20aa93b6-1bef-1a81.jpg

20aa93b6-1c15-edf1.jpg

HERE IS A MOC UP OF WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE....KEEP IN MIND ITS JUST SITTING THERE AND NOT CLAMPED DOWN
;-);-);-);-)

20aad92d-1b6f-6a13.jpg

20aad92d-1bbf-3828.jpg

ENJOY :idea:

BHAM

Established Member
Yeah, I agree that 85mm MAF is a lot. Hope there is a big head/cam combo behind that or it is just overkill.

actually you are wrong, the meters today like the pro-m i have are way more accurate than they ever were. i actually have better performance with this than the stock unit,less restriction, better metering, why would you want to put a restriction on your intake ability? keep in mind my stock heads, intake, std bore 302 is making 305/335 at the wheels on the ol 93 cobra. and that was WITHOUT THE CAI AND NEW METER! :beer:

fivestangs

Established Member
Your motor is far from stock (ported heads, bigger cam, decked to increase static compression ratio, sectioned the upper intake, ported the lower intake, etc) so it makes perfect sense for your car..... on a stock Cobra engine...85mm maf is total overkill.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
with the cfm your heads and intake are flowing it makes sense of course. lol hell no to the typical gt40 head and intake build that most people have. A 76 would be more than enough on most.

TARZAN

Old ghost
Established Member
If it's just modified stock heads and intake, a 76 would have sufficed. They flow "better", not not enough to require an 85.

-Will

BHAM

Established Member
well, after the new dyno pull we will see what is better. my guess is that the bigger will work out better.

Users who are viewing this thread