buddy took his 2000 buick regal to track

dredg9

Established Member
got a chance to make a few runs at the local drag strip today. was actually up all night last night trying to get a new tuner to work. finally got it figured out, then decided i should really get some plugs with a closer gap installed, so around 3:30 am this morning me and my buddy were out installing spark plugs. some guy in a cobaltss rolled up and chilled with us for a bit, then we went out for some 6 am tuning, got my a/f ratio around 11.5-11.6 instead of high tens.

anyway, finally got to the track this morning, tossed on my mickey thompson drag slicks, opened up my cutout and was good to go. i ran 93 octane all day, starting out on around 14-15 psi.

first run ever on turbo got me a 12.2 @ 118. 2.2 60', so i was pretty confident there was more in it. only problem was my brakes didn't hold well enough to build boost, so i couldn't really do a whole lot better all day.

2nd run was a 12.1 @118 as well, this run i had a high 2.1 60'.

3rd run, let the car cool down for a while, got a high 2.0 60', and ran an 11.98 @ 119. 1st pass ever in the 11s for me [&:]

4th run i got greedy and gave a small turn on the boost controller.
2.11 60'
7.90 @99.09 1/8
11.97 @ 121.31 1/4

11002100882.jpg

heres a couple video links of a few of the runs,

1st run is a decent burnout vid of my car and my buddy's bolt-on regal, he ran consistent 13.6s @ 100.
http://media.putfile.com/robvsdj

next video is another burnout vid,
http://media.putfile.com/robturboburnout

final vid is my best pass of the day, kind of a different camera view but at least got a decent shot of the time on the board.

http://media.putfile.com/119121

i better order a whipple for my cobra!

qwicksnake

Established Member
Nice times man. I see that was at WIR. I live 20 minutes from there and race there all the time. Do you do the RSD nights too?

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
That there is a money maker sleeper. I gotta get up to WIR sometime to see this car. Just don't let this one burn down to the ground. I take it has a 3800 with what size turbo? Killer man, simply killer.

Last edited:

dredg9

Established Member
precision t 67

yeah we should hopefully be at rsd on may 2

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Buick haulin' :rockon: My grandmother had a '98 GS. Man that was a fun car to drive but the stockers have no supercharger whine.

red9450

Established Member
damn. what does it put to the ground? guessing in the mid 400s somewhere?

dredg9

Established Member
421 whp 409 tq sae at 14 psi a couple weeks ago. Has a better tune since then and should be making a little more i think.

dredg9

Established Member
yes stock block and bottom end. Has a cam with upgraded double roller timing chain, 105lb valve springs,mls cometic head gaskets, otherwise completely stock. These cars have big potential and the best part is the sleeper aspect. We are going to the track next friday again, lean it out a bit on the top end, run a bit of race gas to get rid of some of the kr he was getting and up the boost a little more. The car already went 99 in the 1/8 the last run it should have more in the 1/4 just tuning it a bit more. A guy with similar mods on one of the forums went 102 in the 1/8th and 131 in the 1/4.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Those 3800's are strong motors. That's why they run foreverrrrrrrrrr. Does he have anything done porting wise on the heads? Sounds like it has even more potential, given if it can hook. Also imagine if he does a little weight reduction... Ouch.. look out grandma. My auto tech teacher in college built up 4 and 6 cylinder motors. He was big into it, very impressive numbers can be made with the right combo.

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
Great Numbers!!
How is the tranny with it running with those power levels?
I put a quaife diff in mine when I had it. What a difference.

I had a GTP for awhile, I kept the supercharger. I went 1 size smaller pulley, exhaust, tune CAI, quaife diff. and some small odds and ends. Would do 13.20s-13.40s most of the time.
I miss that thing. It was comfortable and really suprised a lot of folks.

dredg9

Established Member
stock heads

the tranny is handling it well but he has a zzperformance rebuilt tranny with billet input shaft, 7/8" drive chain, upgraded stall converter. The tranny definately is the weakest link though but this one has been good for awhile.

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
stock heads

the tranny is handling it well but he has a zzperformance rebuilt tranny with billet input shaft, 7/8" drive chain, upgraded stall converter. The tranny definately is the weakest link though but this one has been good for awhile.

That is the tranny to go with! Man that sure is nice car.
Probablly scares the shit out of a bunch of folks!

Users who are viewing this thread