BT Microphone placement in Teminators

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I'm about to receive a new head unit that will have Bluetooth - and the ability therefore to allow me to place and receive calls through it. I can't imagine I'm the first one here to make this upgrade. Question is - where do you place the microphone? Wondering if it should be by the rear view mirror, the A-pillar or behind the steering wheel (or somewhere else).

SVT_Troy

Established Member
you put the microphone on the ceiling by the sun shade. unless you want to cut out a spot in the dash or something.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
lol good luck with people being able to hear you.. i used to have a bluetooth mic in mine and nobody could ever hear me because of the exhaust =P

Redfire03

Established Member
Mine is placed on the left side of the steering column, next to the adjustment lever. I have a full exhaust and everyone I have ever talked to can hear me just fine.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I was kind of hoping someone with a convertible would have responded. I may have to test several spots before I pick one as the permanent spot. I'll try the headliner first and then the cluster/steering wheel area. I'll respond back with my findings.

braindontstop31

Established Member
I put a head unit in my old 2003 GT convertible. The car was stock with a Flowmaster catback. I installed the Mic on the pull down sunshade/visor.
When somebody would call I just pulled down the visor and leaned toward it to talk. I could carry a conversation with the top down but I had to lean
toward it when I talked. With the top up there were no issues at all. Hope this helps you:)

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I changed my mind and went for the easy spot first. I wedged the mic between the steering column and the instrument cluster. So far I tested a few calls and so far they have all stated that they hear me fine - if not better than using my old Logitech headset. I may just leave it there.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
lol good luck with people being able to hear you.. i used to have a bluetooth mic in mine and nobody could ever hear me because of the exhaust =P

No kidding! I don't ever hear my phone ring when I'm driving the cobra. Plus the whole world is dead to me when I'm behind the wheel of that car!

Users who are viewing this thread