BS Flag?

Joey

I don't get out much
Established Member
Hell yeah, I'll raise it...if he beat the Contour SVT by 4 car lengths, he's good competition for the Cobra.

A 95 Ram???...he's talking out his a-hole...big time.

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Contour guys I need a little help over there. This was a quote from another dodge guy that was trying to stick up for the contours, but what he said doesn't seem 100% correct and I'd like some hard info to set him straight.

not to make any of you guys feel bad, but as someone who owns mopars and works at a ford dealership,,i really hope your not proud of beating SVT contour!

The SVT contour has a 2.5L dura-tech 24/valve engine.
The same as the regular contour except it has better timing, cam, flywheel(if stick). These things run the mid-15's, stock.
And the rams run 15's stock!

I love trucks beating up on cars, but it's nothin to brag about!

I know there are more differences then the regular contour engine then he stated, if I remember they where only offered in stick, and Ford was quoting high 14's low 15's stock 1/4 times.

Last edited:

svtcarboy

Established Member
Actually to be fair, the 1/4 mile on an SVT stock is 15.4, per Car and Driver.

The Ram SS/T (quickest one) isn't that quick, though... I think they're exaggerating.

SilverSVT

Established Member
Different cams, yeah that would tend to make the timing different
Bigger Throttle body and MAF,
Extrude Honed intake,
Different pistons and such to gain a higher compression ratio of 10.25:1 for 99 and 00 (10:1 for 98)
Factory dual exhaust.

The part we are really proud of and flaut the most is the suspension, if you can't beat them in the quarter mile, take em to the twisties :D courtesy of 4-wheel independent suspension.

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Originally posted by svtcarboy
Actually to be fair, the 1/4 mile on an SVT stock is 15.4, per Car and Driver.

The Ram SS/T (quickest one) isn't that quick, though... I think they're exaggerating.

Both of the Ram's over there are supposed to be modded, still waitin on the list of mods.

Isn't the SVTC engine all aluminum, and the the regular Contour engine not?

Users who are viewing this thread