Bryant or professional heater/thermostat installers, need help.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Tonight, I'm watching TV and of course its COLD outside. My thermostat read 68 degrees, so I decided to bump it up to 70 to warm myself up a little bit. I turn the thermostat up to 70 and the heater kicks on like normal. After running for a couple minutes, the heater shut off. It didn't feel warmer, so I looked at the thermostat, and the display now reads --

I took the faceplate off, and the display still reads the same --. It has two "AA" batteries in it, but the manual says the display will read "LB" if the batteries are low. So, I put the faceplate back on and it still has -- displayed. I'm able to turn the fan on by switching it from "auto" to "on", so I know the connection has to be good. I even went outside to check my breaker box, and everything is good to go in there.

I've searched all over the 'net for error codes, but I can't find anything.

Its a Bryant thermostat, model #TSTATBBNQ001. Its the non programmable model.

aaandht

Established Member
If that is the Carrier one(Bryant and Carrier...same company) that I am thinking of it is garbage from what I hear. But then again without seeing the unit and everything it is hard to say what it could be.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Here you go, here's a pic I just now snapped of it.
thermostat.jpg

aaandht

Established Member
Different t-stat than the one I was thinking of.

When you checked the breaker, did you try flipping it on and off? And was it for the furnace, not just the AC unit(assuming you have a furnace not a heat pump)?

We've had a few calls from customers that called several other companies, couldn't find the problem. My boss went down flipped the breaker and it worked.

But like I said, its hard to tell without being there. If you have a good local HVAC contractor, I'd give them a call. There is a good chance it is the t-stat, see if you can get a white and rodgers, only company my company installs.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Try replacing the batteries just in case? I know the manual gave you a different code, but I wouldn't count a manual being wrong out of the realm of good possibilities.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
It was the batteries. Why the hell do they even have a damn manual then? Thanks guys. I'm warm again!!

Users who are viewing this thread