Brought Home an old Chevy truck

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
My wife & I were given the opportunity to purchase her grandfather's 1976 Chevrolet C20 3/4 pickup recently, and we took delivery of it this weekend. Sadly, her grandfather passed away 4 years ago...but this is a great opportunity to remember him and the family farm this came from.

He bought it new in June of 1976, and it still only has 35,800 miles on it. 200 of those were from driving it from the St. Louis area to Peoria yesterday in the pouring rain! Overall it ran good but the carb needs a rebuild. Its a 350 4barrel / automatic 2WD truck with no options. Not even a cigarette lighter. haven't checked what gears are in it, but it could probably tow anything I want to bring home :rockon:

It ain't an antique...but its a fun old truck. We plan on using it while we rehab our house (renting a Home Depot truck no more!) and then in a few years we'll treat it to a restoration.

Here's some pictures for those who appreciate older trucks.

***Chevy Alert***

Original everything, but its all there and its solid. A little paint on the bumpers & wheels and new hupcaps should do the trick.

76truck020.jpg

Checking things out. New belts & hoses are needed, but the motor is quiet as a mouse and has no smoke. Didn't use any oil either.

76truck021.jpg

Oil change sticker from 1980 showing 10,000 miles.
76truck011.jpg

Mileage when we picked it up 35,666.3
76truck017.jpg

Gorgeous plaid interior!
76truck007.jpg

76truck022.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread