Brother was stabbed.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Long story short, we got jumped and in the process my brother got stabbed. Out of all the guys that were there we only know the name of one guy, but he wasn't involved in the fight but he knows who stabbed my brother.We've contacted him but he wont tell us his name so we can pass it on to the cops. Is there anything that can be done to someone with-holding that type of information?

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
This happened in Iowa? I can see getting cut up shucking corn, not stabbed. J/K, hope your bro is ok.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Long story short, we got jumped and in the process my brother got stabbed. Out of all the guys that were there we only know the name of one guy, but he wasn't involved in the fight but he knows who stabbed my brother.We've contacted him but he wont tell us his name so we can pass it on to the cops. Is there anything that can be done to someone with-holding that type of information?

Call the detective who is investigating and tell him that this guy is a material witness and let the detective go and talk to the witness.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Call the cops.. Tell them you know someone who knows the person who stabbed your brother, and they will go after him.

I thought it was illigal to withhold info like that when LEO's are involved and are questioning you.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Call the cops.. Tell them you know someone who knows the person who stabbed your brother, and they will go after him.

I thought it was illigal to withhold info like that when LEO's are involved and are questioning you.

We've spoken with the cops several times, and as of right now we are waiting for an investigator to be assigned to the case. Officer today said that when an investigator is assigned, he/she will interview the witnesses, and then an arrest will be made once they get names.

Just kind of bothers me they are not being more proactive about this. We have names and numbers of witnesses who were there, and know the stabber, and we've given them to the Deputies, but they don't act on it.

7.62x51

Established Member
If my brother was stabbed...well, I wouldn't waiting around for some detective to be "assigned". Of course it depends on the circumstances, but more often than not, that means war.

Thats just me, though =)

(disclaimer, ya I know I sound like an e-tuff guy, not my intent. I love my family members very much and am very protective)

Last edited:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
If my brother was stabbed...well, I wouldn't waiting around for some detective to be "assigned". Of course it depends on the circumstances, but more often than not, that means war.

Thats just me, though =)

(disclaimer, ya I know I sound like an e-tuff guy, not my intent. I love my family members very much and am very protective)

Same here, thats not something I would let someone else handle when they "feel" like it.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Just kind of bothers me they are not being more proactive about this. We have names and numbers of witnesses who were there, and know the stabber, and we've given them to the Deputies, but they don't act on it.

Cases are assigned to investigators based on the seriousness of the crime.

What was the result of your brother's injury? How many days did he spend in the hospital? Did he have surgery to repair the injury? Was there organ damage or significant blood loss? How deep and where was the wound?

Since you have the names and numbers of witnesses and have given them to the Deputies the information is known. Do you think that these people will flee the area and not be available to L.E. in a week or two?

Everyone wants their case to be handled first and fastest. However, there just isnt enough manpower to have that happen. So, just like a hospital with sick/injured people, cases are triaged and put in an order.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member

Thats just me, though =)

I agree, but jail time doesn't appeal to me.

Cases are assigned to investigators based on the seriousness of the crime.

What was the result of your brother's injury? How many days did he spend in the hospital? Did he have surgery to repair the injury? Was there organ damage or significant blood loss? How deep and where was the wound?

Since you have the names and numbers of witnesses and have given them to the Deputies the information is known. Do you think that these people will flee the area and not be available to L.E. in a week or two?

Everyone wants their case to be handled first and fastest. However, there just isnt enough manpower to have that happen. So, just like a hospital with sick/injured people, cases are triaged and put in an order.

-He recieved 14 stitches to his arm, 6 to his abdoment, and 1 staple in his head.
-Spent just a few hours in the ER
-No surgery required, with no signifigant blood loss
-Injury to his arm was about an inch deep, and 4 inches long, while the injury to his abdomen was not too deep because the blade hit his pelves and turned downward.

I understand the "triage" thing, it's just frustrating. As far as them fleeing, I'm not very concerned with that.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I understand the "triage" thing, it's just frustrating. As far as them fleeing, I'm not very concerned with that.

There is no doubt it is frustrating. But without unlimited funds and resources departments must put the most urgent cases first.

That being said, most departments respond well to continued inquiries from the victim. (Read: be on them and they will jump on it.)

stangposse

Established Member
There is no doubt it is frustrating. But without unlimited funds and resources departments must put the most urgent cases first.

That being said, most departments respond well to continued inquiries from the victim. (Read: be on them and they will jump on it.)

I would think assault with a deadly weapon would rank pretty high on the urgent list. You might even be able to make the case that it was with "intent to kill".

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member

We've been trying to contact the investigator almost everyday, and have not recieved any phone calls as of yet. :fm:

I would think assault with a deadly weapon would rank pretty high on the urgent list. You might even be able to make the case that it was with "intent to kill".

I thought the same thing. One of the officers said, if anything, he would be charged with aggrevated assault.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
We've been trying to contact the investigator almost everyday, and have not recieved any phone calls as of yet. :fm:

I thought the same thing. One of the officers said, if anything, he would be charged with aggrevated assault.

Call the Chief Investigator, if the investigator isnt returning your calls.

Users who are viewing this thread