Broncos fire Shanahan WTF!!!!!

dizzygoat

Established Member
Do we have any Broncos or better yet Mike Shanahan fans in here?
I cant believe after everything he's done for the franchise they want to let him go after having somewhere in the area of 17 players on Injure Reserve, not to mention 7 of them being running backs. All my life ive been a die hard Broncos fan, after losing Elway, T. Davis, S. Sharpe, E. McCaffrey the only thing keeping me with them was Shanahan. Now they lose him, im so disappointed now.
All i can hope for is that he goes to a quality/worthy team so i can justify to continue to be a fan and root for him.

Honestly i despise the Cowboys, cause Jerry Jones is a joke, but i wouldnt mind seeing him go to the Cowboys.
I do know this, if indeed he still wants to coach, he will have teams knocking at his door like crazy, only time will tell where he goes, and wherever he goes i hope he does hella good so the Broncos regret their decision every second for the rest of that franchise' history.

/rant

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
If Gruden gets canned, I definitely wouldn't mind him coming to Tampa. But I'm a Gruden fan. So I definitely hope that doesn't happen.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
BIG elway, denver, shanahan fan here. i dont know what to think. i am just gonna let go. ppl on here know how obsessed i have been...flying to elways highschool and gettn the grass off the field and putting it in a zip lock baggie....all the 1000's i have spent on memorbilia and shit.

like i said in smackdown...i am switching to the local boys. carolina.

dizzygoat

Established Member
thats prolly what i was gonna do, just root for the home team(cowboys), and hope shanahan gets a job there.
Wade phillips is a joke, but then again so is the whole Dallas cowboys franchise.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
24-24 over the last three seasons

First place all season until the last game of the season

First team with a 3 game lead with 3 games left and choke!

Time for change!

dizzygoat

Established Member
either way, wherever Shanahan goes, i believe he will better the team, granted thats sort of a biased opinion since its coming from me, but still theres no denying what hes done.
Like zone blocking offensive line, he may not have pioneered it, but he damn sure perfected it and made every running back he had a star. Whether it be a 6th round terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, or even a Reuben Droughns
Today is def. a sad day for broncos fans.

dizzygoat

Established Member
But ZAX you have to look at how many injuries they had, they were using a third string linebacker as a running back. I understand they bombed at the end of the year, but shanahan cant control who gets injured and when they do so.

.500 isnt that bad for three seasons compared to the majority of the coaches in the league, especially what he has to work with. Thats not including what his record was prior to his last three seasons which are well over .500
Of the 14 seasons he's coached hes only had 2 that werent of a winning season, something no other coach has managed except maybe Patriots and Dungys colts. You also have to factor in that he coaches in the AFC where prior to this year and MAYBE last year the competition is waaay stiffer than the NFC.

Last edited:

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'd like to see Shanahan go to the Jets......I think him and the Favre Combo has potential....

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
shanahan to dallas. if you remember, denver was under wade phillips for a while who was .500 or worse.. then shanahan came in and dominated afc for a while....he should go fix what phillips f'd up.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Screw Shanny - the man treated his RB's like slaves - how many did he go through this year? 6? From a Fantasy standpoint, I hated the guy. LOL.

NITROUS FEED

Established Member
Do we have any Broncos or better yet Mike Shanahan fans in here?
I cant believe after everything he's done for the franchise they want to let him go after having somewhere in the area of 17 players on Injure Reserve, not to mention 7 of them being running backs. All my life ive been a die hard Broncos fan, after losing Elway, T. Davis, S. Sharpe, E. McCaffrey the only thing keeping me with them was Shanahan. Now they lose him, im so disappointed now.
All i can hope for is that he goes to a quality/worthy team so i can justify to continue to be a fan and root for him.

Honestly i despise the Cowboys, cause Jerry Jones is a joke, but i wouldnt mind seeing him go to the Cowboys.
I do know this, if indeed he still wants to coach, he will have teams knocking at his door like crazy, only time will tell where he goes, and wherever he goes i hope he does hella good so the Broncos regret their decision every second for the rest of that franchise' history.

/rant

YEAH that is pretty ****ed up especially since he has done so much for that organization,I can not believe he was let go like that.I have always been a fan even before shannahan hell look at all the games he has won as head coach compared to what Dan reeves won when he was there.Hate to see him go I think that bowlin is really fing up

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
funny i was talking smack about shanahan going to dallas and a friend of mine who is a dallas fan said that he read they want to talk to him.

Users who are viewing this thread