Broking Exhaust manifold stud

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
Hey guys. I put a bassani x pipe on a couple months ago and when I was taking the mid pipe down I broke the stud on the manifold connecting it to the midpipe. Now I live in Mass and my car has been under a car cover for the last couple months and every winter before that because I do not have a garage. The reason I broke that stud is because of the northern rust. So my question is has anyone taken there exhaust manifold off after the car has been through a few winters? I want to replace it with a stock manifold because every few weeks the jerry rigged bolt I have comes loose but I do not want to brake a bolt from the block trying to get the manifold off.

Juruense

Banned
If it was me I would just take it to an exhaust shop for the cheap and easy fix. I bet they only charge you $25-50 to fix it. I do not do exhaust work myself anymore. Its too cheap to have it done at a shop and its just too much of a PITA for me to do myself.

AaronK

Established Member
If it was me I would just take it to an exhaust shop for the cheap and easy fix. I bet they only charge you $25-50 to fix it. I do not do exhaust work myself anymore. Its too cheap to have it done at a shop and its just too much of a PITA for me to do myself.

+1 the same thing happened to me (except I have no clue how it broke) Had a friend at an exhaust shop put a new stud in. Took him a whole 5 minutes.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Driver or passenger side? The passenger side is a PITA to get at with a drill, but the drivers side you might be able to drill it out and put a nut and bolt in it. When I take H-pipes off, I always goop up the bolts with anti-seeze then reassamble them. I have never had one come loose or break after taking it apart again.

Users who are viewing this thread