Broken Upper Right Motor Mount Bolts!!!

WRC-RUSH

NFSvtF
Established Member
yesterday morning i pull out of the driveway and i hear this grinding/rubbing noise!! :eek: so i stop the car, crowl underneath, check all around, but can't find anythng wrong. I didn't take chaces and took it straight to my friend's shop. jacked it up and found the right axle rubbing against the suspension!! put the car back down and found the front bolt out of the two holding the engine/upper right motor mount broken and the other bolt bent :fm: (luckely didn't break!!!). About half a year ago the same thing happend and both bolts broke while driving, axle broke and the car was still under warranty, so the dealer replaced all. Now I'm out of warranty and regardless, It's not fun when they snap on you like that!!! :mj:

My car has Ebach sportline system around which makes it stiffer but still, motor mounts shouldn't break like that!

Has anyone experienced the same with their car? any solutions? I was thinking about replacing those bolts with some super heavy duty strong ones if there are any :shrug:

HTPerformance

Don't torque them so much, probably put too much stress on them when they use airtools. Hand tighten and then maybe use a 18" breaker bar to torque it.

TurboSVTF

www.focus-power.com
Established Member
Agreed, and get VF mounts, doesnt allow so much movement. You'd be sick to your stomach if you compared the two side by side! I'll never go back to those stock mounts.

WRC-RUSH

NFSvtF
Established Member
how much difference with the VF mounts? the car is already very stiff with the sportlines, will the mounts make it even stiffer? every time i hit a pot whole it feels like the car is breakin.

where did u get yours by the way? they'r running ~ 140 each for passenger & driver side and ~100 for rear mount on focussport. Do you guys know a cheaper place to get them?

Users who are viewing this thread