Broken Input Shaft

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Has anyone else done this with their MT82?
Got a stock replacement for now, but looking to upgrade as soon as something becomes available.

inputshaft.jpg

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I bet all the cars were stock and never rev'ed over 3k. Lol were u at the track when it happen?

BlackMamba3

Established Member
really? This was the first one I heard of. If it becomes an issue I'm sure the aftermarket will put something out.

Couple different stories about guys taking their cars into the dealer for tranny problems. Most, if not all, had broken input shafts among other issues. I don't think it's going to become a major problem.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I bet all the cars were stock and never rev'ed over 3k. Lol were u at the track when it happen?

Who said anything about stock? I'm just asking how common it is. We need upgraded parts!

Yes, it was at the track. 750+ rwhp, Centerforce DYAD clutch, happened on the 2-3 shift 7400rpm.

btw, here's the stock replacement shaft. :dw:

madeinchina.jpg

bcolenj

Established Member
Who said anything about stock? I'm just asking how common it is. We need upgraded parts!

Yes, it was at the track. 750+ rwhp, Centerforce DYAD clutch, happened on the 2-3 shift 7400rpm.

madeinchina.jpg

Hows the Centerforce clutch, specifically its streetability. I have a SPEC Twin and looking to switch it up.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member

madeinchina.jpg

Im sorry man. I wasn't serious. I was trying sound like these hater mt82 tools.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
No harm. I don't hate the tranny, I hate that it broke and I can't drive it atm. It's not like I'm whining about getting it fixed under warranty. :lol:

u could go over to brokebackmustangs.com and make a post how 750 shouldnt have ruined a shaft. call the governemt up lol

try03venom

Established Member

madeinchina.jpg

shipped packed in Rice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

12GTPDX

Established Member
Probably completely unrelated, but anyone else see that Ford just issued a large recall on SUVs and minivans where the input shaft on automatic trannys were failing?

Users who are viewing this thread