Broken Ignition Switch.

USMCracing

Established Member
Ok I've noticed that the door ding sound doesn't stop after you remove the key. Yesterday the ignition switch seemed to be sticking and I checked it out and its broken on the inside. I have to hold the KEY and the black peice at the same time to get it to move postions. It still starts the car but I don't want it to break on me when I'm somewhere other then home. Will I need to get new PATS keys or does Ford make switches thats already keyed? I'm going to go the Ford Dealer tomorrow and see what they say about it. Thanks for any help.
Steven:beer:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I"ve not heard of anyone else with that problem USMCR....Hope everything works out for ya.I was thinking you would have to get a swith & key if the original isn't fixable....Not sure though.:shrug:

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I dont imagine it will be cheap. They want $110 locally for one key. Whats broke? Im assuming theres no way to fix it?

Im thinking the ignition switch itself should be able to be replaced. Im pretty sure the pats module isnt built into the cylinder, so hopefully youll be able to get a new one, and move on some what cheap...

Users who are viewing this thread