Broken idle screw on cj65 easy fix?

justablur91

Established Member
Found a brand new cj65 throttle body on ebay but i believe the idle adjustment screw on top has been broken clean off flush with the body, would this be an easy fix or effect its performance ? Figured if i can pick it up for cheap it might be worth it

Dynobrat

Established Member
I'd stay away from it because you have to ask yourself how did it get broke in the first place? Was it dropped or taken apart due to an existing fault?, is there any unknown damage to the throttle body motor or tps sensor? Those screws are set and locked in place before leaving the factory so you have to wonder how it would be broke clean off. They are set and locked with blue locktite. Someone probably tried to fk with it and shouldn't have. And if it performed as it should "out of the box" there would be no need to mess with it. Smells like trouble.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I'd stay away from it because you have to ask yourself how did it get broke in the first place? Was it dropped or taken apart due to an existing fault?, is there any unknown damage to the throttle body motor or tps sensor? Those screws are set and locked in place before leaving the factory so you have to wonder how it would be broke clean off. They are set and locked with blue locktite. Someone probably tried to fk with it and shouldn't have. And if it performed as it should "out of the box" there would be no need to mess with it. Smells like trouble.

I agree, clearly it can't be easily adjusted if something is off. You could always try to contact the seller and ask how it broke, but who knows if you are getting the truth. How great of a deal is it? I already have a TB, don't worry lol

Users who are viewing this thread