Broken Conv. Boot...OH NO!

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
I just bought myself a Convertible boot for myself for Christmas.....I bought it off of a guy who had taken it off of his old 1999 Mustang and forgot he had it...It was in storage for the past several years.....
When I got it home and tried to put in on...part of the plastic underneath (that fastens it on)....broke......:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Question.....can this be repaired with Super Glue or an other method?

Thanks....

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i'm really not sure what a "convertable boot" really is.

SteveChris

Established Member
that long tab on the back? id think superglue woudl be fine. it kind of just sticks into the back right...i never really learned how to properly put that boot on

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
LOL...good...then I don't feel as bad...it was actually the tab on the drivers side....I put the one on ...on the "front"...then the one onf the back....then tried to tuck in the sides.....ooooops......when I got to the drivers (i.e. "last") side....breakage...and..sniff...sigh......"tears"........I'm going to try super glue tommorow....I tried the 2 part epoxy today...and it broke immediately when I tried to "install" the cover....Yaaaargh...not a good beginning to the new year.

SteveChris

Established Member
Oceanedge said:
LOL...good...then I don't feel as bad...it was actually the tab on the drivers side....I put the one on ...on the "front"...then the one onf the back....then tried to tuck in the sides.....ooooops......when I got to the drivers (i.e. "last") side....breakage...and..sniff...sigh......"tears"........I'm going to try super glue tommorow....I tried the 2 part epoxy today...and it broke immediately when I tried to "install" the cover....Yaaaargh...not a good beginning to the new year.
make this an excuse to get a tonneau cover
but then you have to get a light bar.
i was thinking of it, i decide to spend my bonus on some styling for the car instead of getting a term. light bar, wet okole seat covers, fix a dent or two
redo the painted interior bexels...professionally
those tonneu covers are expensive though, then they have to be painted.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Yep..LOL...it never ends...I have a CDC light bar on the car already and love the tonneau Covers...but I have my daughter and her friends in the back seat most of the time so I can't cover the seating area up...
actually...it's one of the plastic tabs on the drivers side that cracked...I tried an epoxy but it didn't hold...I'm going to try a PVC weld system (two part syringe epoxy)...I think that will repair it....(I hope)...

BadaBing

Let's take a look....
Established Member
If the glue doesn't work, you can slip the cover right under the black metal trim of the body. My cover was stored in the folded position, so I always get a bludge where the crease is. I've found tucking the back and sides under the black trim works well, and looks nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread