Broken bolt on the exhaust manifold.

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
Hey guys. I put a bassani x pipe on a couple months ago and when I was taking the mid pipe down I broke the bolt on the manifold connecting it to the midpipe. Now I live in Mass and my car has been under a car cover for the last couple months and every winter before that because I do not have a garage. The reason I broke that bolt is because of the northern rust. So my question is has anyone taken there exhaust manifold off after the car has been through a few winters? I want to replace it with a stock manifold because every few weeks the jerry rigged bolt I have comes loose but I do not want to brake a bolt from the block.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Just go to a Ford Dealership and get a set of new manifold to midpipe bolts. They are cheap. I had to do that when I installed my x pipe.

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
Haha i would love to do headers but its just not a good time right now you know. I used pb man trust me a nothern's best friend but still broke it.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
you should be able to drive the stud out and install another one. I don't know if thats possible while it's on the car though. Use a punch to drive it out.

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
ya its to late for that iI drilled a hole through there in attempt to but another bolt through with a nut the problem is it keeps vibrating lose because its only abou 1/4" thick bolt.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well if its that far gone you might as well do headers, if the manifold has to come off anyway.

yellowgt02

Established Member
The manifold does not have to come off to replace the studs that go from the manifold to midpipe.

When I did mine, I had 2 studs that I mangled trying to get them off. I went to Ford and bought all new bolts and studs. You can get them cheap. They are like $8 bucks on RockAuto. Take it to an exhaust shop and I bet it doesnt cost more that $50 bucks to have them put it in.

That will solve your problem, and you dont have to worry about pulling the manifolds.

djtyau

Established Member
I broke a bolt on the passenger side manifold. I spent more time trying to drill out the bolt than installing a new manifold. It really isn't hard to replace. I spent $40 for a used one on here.

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
I broke a bolt on the passenger side manifold. I spent more time trying to drill out the bolt than installing a new manifold. It really isn't hard to replace. I spent $40 for a used one on here.

Thank you. You are the only person to respond to the actual question I asked is the manifold tough to get off.

Users who are viewing this thread