Broken/bent spring perch

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I found out why the rear end of my car was sagging so much... the spring perches on the body are both bent mangled up. I dont EVER launch the car or do hard driving, so I'm not sure how it happened. I just noticed in the last 6 to 8 months the rear has started sagging worse and worse. I thought it was the springs giving out (they are only 4 years / 40,000 miles old).

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Anyone else know of this happening? and how much it cost them for repair? I'm just trying to get a rough estimate, I'm thinking of doing coil overs on the rear if that were to be more cost effective. I'm really not trying to do too much with this car anymore, hoping to sell it next year.

Jefe

Established Member
Never heard of that happening, ya pics please

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I took a pic with my phone, cant really see a whole lot. I'll post it soon. Still debating on what i should do.

Jefe

Established Member
I would probably upgrade since they need replacing

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Just an update, I got it repaired. I had my friend cut and weld in some new metal in there. Good as new. Feels good to drive the car again now that its in proper condition again. I'll post the pics when Im able to access my email again. I got locked out of my email (stupid security questions!) and the pics are on my phone.

Vnmous97

THE PROFESSIONAL
Established Member
where did it break.. at the spot welds? have you also checked you torque box ? (where the subframe mounts at the bottom)

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
where did it break.. at the spot welds? have you also checked you torque box ? (where the subframe mounts at the bottom)

Yes at the spot welds. The torque boxes were 100% normal/fine. I would post pics but my email account is locked right now. :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread