Broke motor motount

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
Apparently 5k clutch drops on motor mounts are bad? :shrug: I thought on my last pass of the night something was wrong. jacked the car up today and it completely broke.. What should i do? Replace with factory? And can someone crawl under their stang and on the passenger side frame at the front there is 2 or 3 tubes coming down from fender well. One of mine the thick plastic one does not go anywhere. Its unhooked. Are they all like that? THanks

Last edited:

Toasty

Established Member
I think Terminator or Vert mounts are also stronger then ours.

+1.

I went the energy suspension mount route and took them out after about 2 weeks. To put it bluntly the fillings were falling out of my teeth.

I ordered the 03-04 cobra mounts after asking the terminator forum on this site if anyone was having mount issues - nobody had any issues.

I know some people with say "I have the poly mounts and they are just fine", and thats cool. I personally hated them enough to go through the agony of swapping them out (a 6 hour job on the garage floor).

My 03-04 mounts are just like stock in terms of feel.

TREADMARKS

Established Member
+1.

I went the energy suspension mount route and took them out after about 2 weeks. To put it bluntly the fillings were falling out of my teeth.

I had the bad vibes when I installed mine too. I was pissed, took all freaking day to do by myself on the garage floor. About a month later I installed a UPR k member and coil over conversion. It was then that I noticed my air inlet tube was touching the strut tower brace and also the hood on the passenger side. The mount wasn't seated properly, but was difficult to tell with the stock k member blocking the view. I didn't know about the termy mounts till now....Thanks! If I have any problems with the polys I will try them next. I would like to try one of the poly trans mounts as well.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I put the convertible motor mounts in my car. They're stronger than coupe mounts and I haven't ever noticed any added vibrations. I like them.

If I were you I'd give either those or the Terminator mounts a try. I'd be willing to bet the Terminator mounts are likely cheaper than the convertible mounts, too...

Users who are viewing this thread