Broke blue canister on tank swap...evap delete???

Josh7178

Established Member
I recently bought a return style fuel system from on3 performance. I know there are a lot of on3 haters but for the money, it's the best system in my opinion. The triple fuel hat looks great as well as the 03/04 sytle tank.

Anyways, when I dropped the tank from my 99 and started switching some stuff to the new tank I accidentlly broke one of the nipples off the big blue evap canister. I've heard of people deleting the evap system all together but am unsure if I want to go that route or just bite the bullet and buy a new/used canister.

I assume to complete the delete I would need to plug off the lines from the car that went to the canisters and either block off the holes on the new tank with something or weld them closed. I'm also under the assumption that I would have to vent the tank somehow.

Had anyone ever done this? If so please chime in. What are the pros/cons of deleting this? I called the tuner today and he said it shouldn't cause any tuning issues.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

blacksheep-1

Established Member

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
I'm not expert either but venting to atmosphere will allow gas fumes to pour out around your car.

Like I said I'm no expert but some guy walking around with a cigarette and/or a lighter by your car with an open gas tank of 10-15 gallons of fuel does not seem like something I'd want to risk.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Go to your local junk yard and pull one off any new edge. I broke one on a friends car when swapping out his fuel pump, went to a local pick-n-pull and found 4 mustangs that already had the fuel tanks removed. Pried the canister out and done.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I got an 03 tank that came with it broken. Luckily it wasn't too bad and I was able to take a bigger hose and clamp it around the vent to stop it from leaking. Has worked for two years now.

Users who are viewing this thread