broke an axel

slifko52

slifko
Established Member
ok so i was out at the local track this past friday night and we attempted to leave the line at 4700rpm with a set of mc tom. et street radials on and we ended up braking the outter cv in the driver side axel any one have any suggestions on what brand of axel i can go to ? so i can launch around 4500 to 5000 rmp and not have this prb

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Stick with the stock half shafts. Even upgraded axles will break if you don't remedy why they are snapping in the first place.

Use et streets or slicks not et street radials. The wrinkle wall in the slicks will absorb a lot of the harshness for a high rpm launch. I would also upgrade the bushings in you diff supports. I just installed the front and rear kit along with the 9/16 subframe bolts from fulltiltboogieracing.com.

The bushing will prevent your diff twisting and help save the axles.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ok so i was out at the local track this past friday night and we attempted to leave the line at 4700rpm with a set of mc tom. et street radials on and we ended up braking the outter cv in the driver side axel any one have any suggestions on what brand of axel i can go to ? so i can launch around 4500 to 5000 rmp and not have this prb

If you have 500 or 800 RWHP you're probably going to continue having problems with halfshaft failures if you're running a stock IRS.

The problem is NOT the halfshafts! And if you upgrade your axles, you're going to INCREASE your problems, not REDUCE them.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread